Dragon needs a buff in TT or a nerf to its reward

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraell View Post
How is it unfair? Both teams have the ability to get it last I checked. Dragon just makes the game more exciting as it forces early confrontations instead of 30 minutes of farming.
This. It is totally fair, and prevents the game from getting stale ever, before your lane has calmed down too much from the first few confrontations you're forced off into a teamfight, which I find helps the pacing greatly.

SR I find too slow in getting to teamfights, Dominion is too fast, TT is just right for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BulletTime

Junior Member

10-08-2011

I disagree with this, Dragon is the center of attention alot of times and its good that it stays that way...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LEVEL 5 DAGON

Senior Member

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraell View Post
How is it unfair? Both teams have the ability to get it last I checked. Dragon just makes the game more exciting as it forces early confrontations instead of 30 minutes of farming.
It's not so much unfair as imbalanced. Early game team comps are too strong because they can easily secure the first dragon, and from there the game snowballs hard because dragon's reward is so high for how easy it is to kill early.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2011

It's only imbalanced if your bad. If you know when it spawns, and that the enemy team can get it, buy a ward, and run duo top or keep your jungler in the area.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Jester

Senior Member

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post
3 problems with Dragon:

1. It spawns too early.

2. It's too easy to kill, especially too easy to solo - definitely needs a debuff on the enemy it attacks, like Summoner's Rift dragon.

3. Its spawn location is way too defensible. It's easy for the other two to camp outside of dragon's spot and defend one person soloing it. You basically have to suicide to contest the dragon.

I think the whole top jungle on TT could use reworking so that Dragon is at the very top of the map and is much less easy to secure and defend. The team that gets to Dragon first typically gets the Dragon, or gets a couple kills when the enemy suicides to steal it.

edit: Let me expand on this some more. The reason spawning too early is a problem is because it heavily favors team comps who are capable of winning an early dragon fight. Remember when there was level 1 dragon on Summoner's Rift, and basically there were only 10-15 viable champions in the entire game because they were the ones who were good in level 1 team fights? And TT dragon gives you a much bigger boost.

I find it absurd than anyone could argue TT dragon isn't too easy to kill/solo, considering it's weaker than the SR dragon which isn't even the main NPC objective, and gives a reward comparable to baron - in fact, at level 18 it's probably better than baron because 18% bonus damage is HUGE for such a long buff.

And for the position, I find too many long TT games devolve into both teams camping around top jungle, because if you leave the enemy team will sit themselves in the brush, kill your wards, and you'll be at a big disadvantage for the dragon fight because your lack of vision gives them a free initiate when you go to stop it. Again, another SR parallel for something that was fixed on Summoner's Rift long ago: the brush outside of Baron. It made whichever team got to Baron first win the fight and often the game.
i agree so much, it's way too easy to blink over the lane into the dragon, kill it, and blink back. you should have to go way out of your way to get there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LEVEL 5 DAGON

Senior Member

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
It's only imbalanced if your bad. If you know when it spawns, and that the enemy team can get it, buy a ward, and run duo top or keep your jungler in the area.
Okay, and how does that help at all if you can't win an early team fight?

You seem to be missing the point. The number one decider for whether or not a champion is high tier in 3s is how they contribute to early dragon fights, because killing dragon on its first and second spawn will snowball the game too hard for a mid or late game team to come back.

You can argue that they can just steal it, but let's be real here, smite steals mostly come down to luck and almost invariably require suiciding to pull off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spāztiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2011

Once again. Dragon is key in 3s, it is not imbalanced and should stay just the way it is. Warding is key, knowing when it spawns is key. Having a SOLID team comp is key, always having a jungler to control aspects like this is KEY. U will understand as u get better that the dragon is number one priority, and going for dragon early game has its risks. If u dont even contest dragon and they 3man take it, u push bottom lane and take 2 turrets, 300g for ur team. I cant tell u how many times my team has 3 man pushed turrets to lose a dragon at level 8, and it was well worth it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spāztiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post
Okay, and how does that help at all if you can't win an early team fight?

You seem to be missing the point. The number one decider for whether or not a champion is high tier in 3s is how they contribute to early dragon fights, because killing dragon on its first and second spawn will snowball the game too hard for a mid or late game team to come back.

You can argue that they can just steal it, but let's be real here, smite steals mostly come down to luck and almost invariably require suiciding to pull off.

U realize that if your complaining about dragon, suiciding is a fine option right? as long as u get it, or die trying? so dont try and make a debate about it, when u can ward over wall and smite..it reaches over the wall still last i checked, And if ur team needs to suicide for draghon, then do it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

Senior Member

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post
Okay, and how does that help at all if you can't win an early team fight?

You seem to be missing the point. The number one decider for whether or not a champion is high tier in 3s is how they contribute to early dragon fights, because killing dragon on its first and second spawn will snowball the game too hard for a mid or late game team to come back.

You can argue that they can just steal it, but let's be real here, smite steals mostly come down to luck and almost invariably require suiciding to pull off.
And that's what you get if you stack lategame like vlad, jax, nasus. It's how you beat those teams, while they're still weak.

Dragon = 3 kills, you can get aced and it will be worth more if you're already behind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2011

I agree dragon is OP


123