Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who should tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seirai

10-12-2011

If you think you're clearly better than your ELO and that you will totally dominate every game until you reach the ELO you think you belong in, don't pick a tank and pick a bruiser or carry.

This is, although, a really bad piece of advice as people tend to overestimate their skills and think they don't belong in "zomfg ELO hell". Everyone will have an ELO where they will be facing opponents on your skill level, when this happens all you can do is just depend on better composition and picks than the enemy team to push you over the edge. Lower ELOs, this type of strategic play is a bit discouraged because of the skill discrepancies, but in high ELO picks and bans are essentially what's going to decide most of the game- it is really rare to see ineffective picks up here win against superior picks/composition.

I advise picking whatever your team needs, but if you are consistently carrying and doing extremely well in your lane without any help from your teammates you may want to consider just doing the "screw-my-teammates-they-are-live-bait" and pick a carry.

Doctor Tam

10-14-2011

Pick a high CC character. That's all that matters anyway. Morgana, udyr, taric would all work.

LuciferWhite

10-14-2011

Quote:
Offtheheazy:
meh, tanks are ok pretty fun to play around with.

just imo
but if ur the carry type of guy...........

Well, if you're the carry kind of guy...learn to branch out and how to play different kinds of champions effectively, and be willing to do so from time to time. Otherwise, you are your parents' failure, and no one will love you. Ever.

michlepauvre

10-14-2011

I usually pick a tanky or CC champion If I don't want to tank so that at least we have some utility. However my Main is Cho so I would pick him most of the time.

Baconzzz

10-14-2011

Quote:
Quiters R Ghey:
i normally pick soraka with revive and clarity if that happens, and someone will give me a new team

Gahahahaha

Languidity

10-15-2011

It's their fault for not discussing a nice team. Play what you want.

Godrïx

10-15-2011

First off I main tanks so its not a big deal for me second I can play any Role in this game if ur stuck with picking the tank just do it unless u want to lose. u should have at least 1 champion that u can play for each role assassin, tank, AD carry, AP carry, support, etc. at least one of each so u can easily even out ur teams composition and have a higher chance of winning that solo que. Otherwise find friends to play with so u dont have to tank if u dont like it

anu mara

10-15-2011

It's normals people are playing to "play as they please" and "have fun".

Pomf Pomf Pomf

10-15-2011

Tank?

thats what the solo top/jungler are for...

Prof YANA

10-15-2011

They locked before seeing the rest of the team comp. It's their problem.