Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any questions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Friggid

10-11-2011

Quote:
AzuraZero:
imo riven will be the lee sin of tommorrow. (high scaling, potential to miss important pieces of a combo)

Alistar/Blitz in general make 1v2s hell (more ali than blitz), and I still have no clue how to fight them if they have a high damage poker like vayne or xerath with them.

sidenote I played kennen and cassio to get gold so yay for them

I already have my opinion, but what do you think of anivia and cait?

cait i think is a bad choice to squishy for the map anivia is good, she has that wall and decent damage but it takes awhile to be able to do nething but defend so u might lose cause of that

i find riven to be to clunky seems like shes to comitted to combos and u can rape her for that, or she uses combos to escape and then shes not a threat of turning back during a chase

Friggid

10-11-2011

Quote:
Rabbitsuit:
How do you feel about Nasus on TT (especially with Yorick rampaging the map)?

What did you do when you formed your first team for TT as well? Did you meet people through normals? Played with friends irl? Tried a recruitment ordeal on the forums?

nasus can be decent i just think hes move takes to long to farm up to do enough damage, and honestly ive very rarely seen yorick i think ive seen him twice outa like 100+ games and both times we beat him

my 3s team consists of my brother and a rl friend so i kno both people personally. my brother has been top 200 of sc2 (used to any wayz) hit 2700 rating in WoW arena and done well in many other games, my rl friend has gone to mlg for rainbow six and has played other games competitvely and ive done 2500+ rating in WoW with 2 characters done well in bloodline champions and etc... so we are all gamers

Friggid

10-11-2011

Quote:
Vraell:
Lies. We can settle this in skirmish sometime. Just for fun. No *competitiveness* involved. And yes, I'm just saying that for in the odd chance that I lose, I don't want to have my credibility diminished :P

any time ill take u on /flex

Greyfauxx

Recruiter

10-11-2011

Riven: ionian boots, ghost blade,(then stack High Damage items of your choice) Take cool down reduction runes and mastery.
^With that in mind she has two stuns if timed right can be continuously chained on a group. Her stuns are AoE.
When you initiate. Activate ghost blade. Dash and Ult. This gives you two charges. With her passive stacking damage. Hit, then Ki burst. Giving you another charge. Then combo but don't use the last combo till they start moving again. Then hit them with it for another stun, dash and windscar. You should be coming up on your Ki burst again.

Use Ghost blade, and dash for escaping. Vary your combo.
Just my best build and strat for her. I'm not in High Elo, so I don't know how it would do in ranked, but I generally Top in Dom. And cause enough annoyance on TT with movement ect to grab the win. If any of you High Elo players can see an error please let me know. I'm still learning and would love to learn from the best(:

èXx

10-11-2011

I got a question for you Friggid, how do you get to a team that turtles. This is at its worst when you take down their first towers on both sides and they just sit. Maybe pop out for a second to get a minion wave then run back.

Vraell

10-11-2011

Quote:
Friggid:
any time ill take u on /flex

Good luck then... you'll need it.

:P

Vraell

10-11-2011

Quote:
ElenoreX:
I got a question for you Friggid, how do you get to a team that turtles. This is at its worst when you take down their first towers on both sides and they just sit. Maybe pop out for a second to get a minion wave then run back.

Make sure you get every single dragon and just continue to snowball ahead in gold. Keep pushing their base, but don't get caught. To be honest, a team that turtles is a team that loses.

My team usually just has one push top, one push bot, and the other person jungles and keeps pressing the gold advantage. They might come out for dragon and that is when you press your advantage and try to ace them.

Friggid

10-11-2011

Quote:
ElenoreX:

Yea pretty much what Vraell said u just have to start taking the jungle, get dragon buffs, and snowball on gold. I even stop killing the inhibs that way their minions have a chance at pushing out and get dem wards near the inside of their base in case they blink and u can flash in and suicide that turret if ur ahead enough they cant push after

rayoul

10-11-2011

Quote:
Friggid:
Yea pretty much what Vraell said u just have to start taking the jungle, get dragon buffs, and snowball on gold. I even stop killing the inhibs that way their minions have a chance at pushing out and get dem wards near the inside of their base in case they blink and u can flash in and suicide that turret if ur ahead enough they cant push after

Not only should you not touch the inibs, but if u stop pushing lanes and just jungle u will get the lanes to go about halfway trough the map ...... obviously u will feel like you are wasting time because the jungle is easy to clear with ur whole team, but the enemy wont be able to last hit anything ........... the only way they can farm money ( or level up if they don't have 18) would be to go halfway trough the map or gank jungle .....

after 10 minutes of that treatment people turtleing against my teams usualy surender out of boredom, try to lane or attempt to get a trap ready in jungle ( wich is the smartest thing to do) .... keep wards on the 2 bushes on their base wall, one in beetween ( for champs tht can jump walls ) and one on bush to top jungle (because since the lanes are not cleared u have no vision of top lane ) ...

failing to know if they are seting a trap in jungle might get u aced .... a strong team turtleling is pretty much invincible so you gotta get them out of boredom most of the time ......... its annoying how easy it is to turtle atm so lets hope they move fountain ray a little back

Friggid

10-13-2011

Gonna Bump