Malzahar on twisted treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

10-06-2011

Malzahar I find is one of the coolest AP casters, and to me is the most fun to play. While not first pick on any of the maps, I found that he has a great deal of power in dominion for the fact that he can counter most of the banned champs that a lot of other characters have problems dealing with. I haven't tried him on twisted treeline however. I feel like as though he'd have more difficulty with the fact the he has no escapability, however the fact that he can annihilate any character 1 on 1 I think would be a great asset.

How does he do on this map?

Boo

10-06-2011

He's pretty squishy and like you said, has no escapability. Both are trivial for a 3v3 comp in my opinion

èXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

I haven't seen him much, but his CC style does alright against the DPS champs most people pick. Just make sure your teammates pick accordingly.

Glaedren

10-06-2011

I usually have my best games as Malz on TT. If the enemy team is stupid then after mid game he can 1v3 the enemy team, at least for a little while, and kill at least two of them. I've even killed all three once... but I had already died, the bounced DoT and an ignite killed the last guy. Strike from the dead baby!

Thing is you're heavily reliant on an Hourglass. Basically guarantees you a few seconds with the enemy team in your pool. Before this you have to rely on your team-mates to keep **** off of you, particularly assassins. But after that, Teammates are just a bonus, they're not required ;p

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-06-2011

He's really item dependent and his farming style forces him to push waves which makes him easy to gank since he has no escape skills at all and flash has a long cooldown. I don't see him as a strong 3s pick, especially not compared to item independent casters like Annie who can kite you to infinity.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

I really don't know if you can call Annie "item independant"

He brings silence, %hp damage, a strong zoning tool, and a suppress (which is one of the best forms of CC)

so he probably does fine, all the casters I've tried do, he's just not in my caster-club.

Push your lane then wander off to gank or clear a jungle camp. It will only really be risky the first bit where you don't have the damage/hp to do this, but you can just gank bot instead.

Communicate with the other lane and ask them to not push at all so they're ready for an early gank.

Lategame if you know their team is 4-5 seconds away, full comboing the first person to walk near your team could guarantee a dragon through 3v2, especially if you get dps help during the supress from a teammate, and in terms of doing dragon the % hp couldn't be bad.

TLDR: %hp damage around a map where people still mostly spam tankydps, why not?

Frosty716

10-06-2011

There are much better picks imo. Akali is one AP that comes to mind.

Corben158

10-06-2011

Malz either flops HARD or one shots with his ult and makes every team fight 2v3.

As long as you have farm rush hat, the other team has low health bruisers or ad, you can destroy with your ulti then just sit back.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corben158 View Post
Malz either flops HARD or one shots with his ult and makes every team fight 2v3.

As long as you have farm rush hat, the other team has low health bruisers or ad, you can destroy with your ulti then just sit back.
Usually a teammate can get the last 20-40% while you suppress.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

He is no Morgana but he was my most played caster on twisted treeline. I've also been having success with Karthus lately.