Is Baron Gamechanging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Tortuga

04-02-2012

A single baron can change a game easily. Especially if you're down a few kills.

MyosinFlare

04-02-2012

Yes and no

We've all been in games where one team, yours or the other, tries to force a Baron, only to have the other team come in after it's over and kill the weakened team.

There are also games where the one team waits for the other team to barn and then pushes a lane and gets an inhib..

I've also been in games where the team with baron loses a straight out team fight.

A well coordinated and uncontested baron gives one team a big advantage, but it doesn't decide the game.

The global gold is far more valuable than the actual baron buff, imo

VanAkuma

04-02-2012

Baron is game changing for many reason.
1. Global gold
2. Global buff
3. Moral boost (when ppl seem to get baron buff, they play more aggressive, and they dont ***** out of fights that you can win)

And honestly, when it's late in the game, baron or not, whoever loses 4/5 members is bound to lose as if its like 40 min in to the game, the respawn timer is so slow that baron or not, they'll take all your towers

Misticaltom

04-03-2012

Baron is an advantage, it's like all of a sudden getting a Gun in a good old Fisty-cuff's fight.

Now, if you grab the gun, then start dancing about your victory as the other guy smacks you over the head, You're an idiot, and didn't take advantage of your....advantage.

He took advantage of you!

People with Baron are predictable, of course Baron does have a reason to exist.

Ichika Senpai

04-03-2012

When a winning team wants to end a game, they'll usually FF/forcefight at Baron.

ZeOneNZeOnly

04-03-2012

I've been in games like you described. If you have a decent team and back off and stay together and pick them off. I've seen teams waste it. I like stealing it with fizz from behind the wall with the ult :O

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

Baron is just another piece to the puzzle.

When fights occur, are they under a turret, is the positioning good, are any abilities on CD, is everyone there, itemized against each other, baron/red/blue buff?

There's a scale balancing all of these, since it plays a significant role, of course it can tip the scales, but it obviously depends on everything else as well.

Lerry the Lebster

04-03-2012

Played a game last night where we were losing in kills 8-10. Corki was on bot lane so we forced a Baron. Killed Baron, got a couple kills when they tried to steal it, pushed base without even shopping, and won in less than 5 minutes. It absolutely can be game changing.

ChubbyFrank

04-03-2012

getting an ace from attacking while they get baron is a game changer more than the buff.
I love diving into baron when he has 1200 health as amumu, ulting, and smiting him while my team runs over them

soojihyun

04-03-2012

I feel like... It's almost a placebo effect. o.o In some cases, anyway.