Is Baron Gamechanging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freefail

10-06-2011

I've heard a lot of high elo players proclaim that baron is 'op', getting baron is almost a guaranteed win, etc. I didn't really think that getting baron was really so gamechanging: it is 1.5k global gold, compared to the 950 global gold dragon gives, and gives a global buff of +40 AD and +40 AP. Sure, if the two teams are fairly equal in farm, towers and kills, this buff can give a team the advantage of poking, teamfighting, etc.
I played a ranked game just then, where our team was dominating. We had double their kills (30-15), and we had 6 towers to their 2. We were pushing their inhibitor tower, when our soraka got caught, and was killed. So we retreated to defend our mid tower. But the opposition took baron, and dived us. I was the only one who survived, and could only watch as our 5 towers, inhibitor, and nexus got raped before my teammates could respawn. One of the most ******ed losses I've ever experienced.
Is baron really so gamechanging?

Revengez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Uhh... Take your story and apply it to the question.

whedgehead

10-06-2011

wait your story opposes your point....

Ktone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2011

obviously, yes.

Cheese

10-06-2011

1. Yes. A well set Baron can change the tide of the game in a single team fight.
2. Your story shows you that point 1 is true... So what's the point of this thread?

Alex Ivey

03-25-2012

No i was on a team where we had lost 6 turrets. The other team took advantage of it and got baron. They came to take over and we destroyed them, i myself picked up 2 kills and an assist. Later in the game they got him again, but my team fought through it to win. Baron is a game changer only when the team continues working together instead of thinking they are invincible. I was proud with my 14/10/19 game.

Vashjir

03-25-2012

I think you just answered your own question.
Baron can turn the tide of a game quite quickly.

X Widow Maker X

03-25-2012

not if you play galio. Baron has to jungle for you then

Carcanken

03-25-2012

It depends, but, once, I was on a team that was loosing hard, we managed to get an ace while they were getting baron, stole the buff, pushed and then won.

Id say he is gamechanging but it just depends.

Empressium

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlannelLegend View Post
No i was on a team where we had lost 6 turrets. The other team took advantage of it and got baron. They came to take over and we destroyed them, i myself picked up 2 kills and an assist. Later in the game they got him again, but my team fought through it to win. Baron is a game changer only when the team continues working together instead of thinking they are invincible. I was proud with my 14/10/19 game.
i've counted many times when the enemy team kills baron and think they enter god mode and rushing one by one seperately to 5 of us.
so the answer is NO