Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Program allows connection?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BallaTheFeared

06-16-2010

We are here to serve you.

Inarus

06-16-2010

well, that's all and well.. still I'd like some sort of answer.. I don't care if you know the right answer. Just some acknowledgment would be nice..
And what could cause this to happen..

Inarus

06-17-2010

bump

Inarus

06-19-2010

bump

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

06-19-2010

As far as I am aware Riot doesn't have any filters running against IP addresses from NZ. I would contact your ISP and ask them what kind of filtering they have going on, or who they are routing through. If your ISP's back-haul is being routed through South East Asia or the IP blocks they purchased are tied to South East Asia you may get the unable to connect issue.

Although the application should display "Blocked" if it thinks you are from South East Asia. I would run the tracert again for me, and post a photo I can see, the one you posted on the other thread was way too small.

RovingBlade

06-20-2010

Yo, I was having this issue too, and so were a lot of my friends, and I found a work-around! It's an odd solution, but it works and lets you play games smoothly. It's kinda long to explain, so check out my post here for details:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=127581

Inarus

06-21-2010

allright. I'll do it twice. Once with the program off, and once with it on. Might be interesting to see what changes.. what change lets me login.

Program off.
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca253f-5225-c1d6314a-26dc-41eb-a62b
Tracert off picture, see attachement

Program on.
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca253f-5212-c8ab31ff-e248-4f82-ad95#AuxInfo
Tracert on picture, see attachement

Inarus

06-21-2010

Quote:
RovingBlade:
Yo, I was having this issue too, and so were a lot of my friends, and I found a work-around! It's an odd solution, but it works and lets you play games smoothly. It's kinda long to explain, so check out my post here for details:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=127581

not working for me. I don't get an unknown error. I get the can't connect to PVP.server.
Even with the wrong password I get this message. Only way of logging in is using the program...

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

06-21-2010

Quote:
Inarus:
not working for me. I don't get an unknown error. I get the can't connect to PVP.server.
Even with the wrong password I get this message. Only way of logging in is using the program...

Based off the tracert and the netalyzr your ISP is filtering traffic. It almost appears as though they are completely blocking UDP packets, or the filtering is so high it causes servers to drop your connection. I would start with calling them and asking them about firewall and filtering policies they have in place.

You are attempting to send the required packets to Riot, but they are getting there, or back.

Onitram

07-03-2010

Since the july 2nd update or patch i had the same problem could not connect. Opened/closed all my ports again and finally after some forums searching found this post. I gave this a shot and it worked finally. Currently stationed in Korea, so maybe this has something to do with it.