Program allows connection?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inarus

06-09-2010

Ok, my problem is that I cannot log in, or connect to games of LoL. Each time I get the error message: Cannot connect to the PVP.Net server
(whole problem explained is in here: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...=34440&page=11 )

Now there has been a development, as I installed Hotspot Shield to be able to watch the daily show and souhtpark online, as it won't allow me to watch those shows online from New Zealand. It will give an error saying I need to be living in the USA.
So, I tried logging in while the program was still running and there was not the slightest problem.

I've tried to figure out if it really was this program causing me to be able to play or if I was just lucky. But disabling Hotspot Shield results in me being disconnected and not able to log in again. So, why is it that when this program is active I can log in, and without it I get the error of being unable to connect?

What's the difference to this game if I have a NZ ip-address or a USA one..

please somebody explain.

Oh, the only problem I have playing with the program on, is that my ping gets really high as all the info is being re-routed through that american ip... instead of 220-280, I get pings of over 500 so it doesn't really play that smooth.
I'd like to be able to play without having to fall back to shielding my IP so that I can log into the game..

Tom Cruise Fan

06-09-2010

They recently split the servers for this game keeping people with ip's outside U.S and Canada out. They have thier own servers for EU that might let you play but i do not know about oceanic ones. The program you run disguises your IP to be from the U.S which allows you to play.

Do what you want but i do not know if there are any rule breaking to running it in order to play on U.S the server.

Inarus

06-10-2010

I can say with 100% certainty that that is not true. My friends are all playing from the Netherlands on the US-servers without any problems whatsoever.. So, what else is left that can be causing this..
does RIOT have anything to say?

Inarus

06-10-2010

bump

Inarus

06-11-2010

nobody has a clue?

Inarus

06-11-2010

bump

Inarus

06-14-2010

bump

would a new install of windows be a possibility to solve this problem?

Inarus

06-15-2010

wow.. you guys on the forum, riot and their little helpers are really the best!
you helped me so well with this problem of mine..

/sarcasm mode off

Inarus

06-15-2010

bump

Inarus

06-15-2010

ill keep bumping till some of the henchmen or a riotmember gives me an answer here..