Akali mid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C9 Dish

10-06-2011

I understand she is quite a force to be reckoned with, but she really can't compete mid until level 6. So why do people prefer mid than solo top with her?

1) Mid champions tend to be squishier than solo top champions.
2) She has great damage output at level 6 and an easy harass retreat option.
3) She has a crazy stealth that gives bonus armor and magic resist.
4) She has passive spell vamp and extra spell vamp and lifesteal if you build a gunblade on her.

Why not jungle akali? I've seen it before!
You can achieve more farm and levels mid or solo lane than jungle.
She can sustain herself easily while dealing tons of damage.

So the trick?
Harass her early before level 6 and keep her off of the creep wave.
Don't allow her jungle to pick up assists on you giving her the kill.
Call MIAs, prevent her from getting easy kills top or bottom. (Ping the brush top and bottom if you have to)
Ask the jungle to buy wards for top if top doesn't ward or likewise bottom.
Get the tanky dps to focus akali.
Stay back if you are squishy and let your tanks/tanky dps initate.
Position yourself well and make sure you ARE warding your jungle, even if it is the support's job.
Get a vision ward if you are laning against her.

Put a strong harasser and sustainable champion mid such as Swain, Malzahar, AP TF, or Annie. (Gragas works great as well)

Akali will most likely do tons of damage to squishies without much farm so that is why you tell your tanky dps to concentrate her such as Irelia, Renekton, Garen, etc.

How do you guys deal with an Akali that is mid?
What are your tactics?
Which champions would do well against her?

Rameauite

10-06-2011

Vision wards CAN see through her stealth. Drop one in the mid of whatever lane she is in and cripple her farm as you continue to poke her.

C9 Dish

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameauite View Post
Vision wards CAN see through her stealth. Drop one in the mid of whatever lane she is in and cripple her farm as you continue to poke her.
That's odd.
I recently played mid against her as AP TF and my vision ward didn't seem to see her, maybe she was out of range.

I'll test this feature.

Aragorn5705

10-06-2011

I tend to be mid with Akali and I do well but like you said, it's easily alleviated. Level 6 is when stuff gets real with her. 3 charges on the ult and ANY amount of AP will be enough to make you think twice about being in range but just realize, Akali can be a lot of burst but her sustainability isn't that great early. Until she gets a Rylais, she can be dealt with, you just have to be careful since her cool downs (even at 6) are still relatively low.

Rage Mad Rage

10-06-2011

Boots start can help a lot mid and make zoning a bit easier, depending on the match-up. Many are more difficult pre-6, but once you get your ultimate, even if you can't kill your lane opponent, you can roam and gank other lanes pretty well.

Lafer

10-06-2011

Akali needs a solo lane.I sugest you go against the squishy one unless he's your counter like brand,ken,morg,talon .if you have no choice get top against tanky guy if you cant get him out then wait 4 a gank and focus on cs mid - late game try to wait til the big team fight start get all the squishy's and finish with the tanky one.

Haestro

10-06-2011

Akali top tends to do better than mid due to the larger area allowing more space for her to be safe from an enemy vision wards.

In general if you bait an enemy into warding a side of a side lane, you can opt to stick to the other side and stay out of its range.

Mid gives Akali the advantage of the usual squishy AP though.

Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Either way as long as she has a solo it works. Yes, top is better for her for many reasons, but mid also works just fine.

Sykil

10-06-2011

Any mage with a stun can outlane her even when she hits six. Akali is overall a bad mid. Top is better.

I hardly think it needs to be done, because she's outlaned by most popular mids, but some easy counters are Ryze and Caitlyn. Cass, Brand, and Ori all perform well too (but they're overall great mids in general).

Why do people feel the need to discuss this all of a sudden? Akali isn't OP and has a large amount of unfavorable matchups. If her laning goes badly she flops completely.

C9 Dish

10-06-2011

Edit: Vision wards can see through akali's shroud.
It must have been the ward out of range and her standing on the end of shroud.

Thanks to all the replies with your comments and opinions.