That awkward moment when you realize Revive is actually OP...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attero View Post
What event happens at the beginning of every match? A battle at top.
There are two possible outcomes:
You live, because your team won. Congrats! You didn't need to use revive.
You die, but you win top anyway because you use revive.
Or you go back to Windmill and the enemy is sitting on the turret spamming /L because they exhausted you, you did no damage and they won the fight, capped the node and have full health.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frogboybri2

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Who the hell cares if you only get it once? 90% of matches are just jerking around until you get to the last few minutes. Every second counts when teams are hitting the 100 mark, and saving your revive for that time frame is how you do it. 20 seconds when you're not sitting there doing nothing in the time frame where every second counts is amazingly powerful, especially on a character with a global ult. Pantheon dying at his node and dropping on the guy channeling at it 2 seconds later with full health is game changing, especially when that single node is the difference between victory and defeat 20 minutes in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Or you go back to Windmill and the enemy is sitting on the turret spamming /L because they exhausted you, you did no damage and they won the fight, capped the node and have full health.
With 2 revives they never even cap it. So how can they sit there and /L?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
With 2 revives they never even cap it. So how can they sit there and /L?
I forgot that you can instantly teleport back to Windmill at level 4.

No, sorry, with no real summoner spell and boots 1 you are getting wiped and losing the node, even despite the move speed boost from the mastery.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ytinasni

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Ghost+Garrison FTW

ghost for mobility, garrison for offense and defense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rDean

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboybri2 View Post
Who the hell cares if you only get it once? 90% of matches are just jerking around until you get to the last few minutes. Every second counts when teams are hitting the 100 mark
So you tell us 90% of the match is just messing around till the end then you go on to say every second counts? might need to edit your post.... Also someone asked how often do i not use flash for the first half of a game? is that a joke or an attempt at trolling? you said your self it is face paced, flash is hardly ever off CD if your staying in the action. Back to revive...what are you giving up in your masteries to take the revive point? if you are not playing a tank this is generally a waste to place a point here. Also 400 hp for 2 min...yeah that a nice duration the the buff but 400 hp in dom?!?!?!!? really that is hardly any thing at all do you think akali, yii, leblanc, or even trynd care about 400 more hp? i also find it hard to believe that you can die top or even 2 of you die top, then revive and you can run back and take windmill still.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rDean

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
With 2 revives they never even cap it. So how can they sit there and /L?
so because you take revive you instantly assume that wins you windmill? is this why people take this spell? Cuz this is anywhere but near the truth, top fights generally happen fast, people all tend to stay near the point both to start capping or stop others from capping, this is a very good strat to keep people near you or running back to you (start capping a point someone has to turn around to hit you or its your point). In almost all of my games top fight happens FAST so i really really dont see how your going to revive and get back there in time, maybe u can get back and they only left one defending it so u can take it again but in reality that's just a team error on your enemys part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Revive speeds you up and gives you 400 hp if you put a point into it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rDean

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Revive speeds you up and gives you 400 hp if you put a point into it
if people are going to post in this thread you would assume they already know this....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2011

Revive is only moderately viable in Dominion and only when you have 21 points in the utility tree to reduce its to cooldown 7.5 minutes so you have a shot at using it 3 times in long games.
The speed is alright, but you also need the 1 point in the defensive tree for the extra 400 hp.

8/1/21?


Hardly overpowered when you have to use such an awkward mastery tree.