Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

That awkward moment when you realize Revive is actually OP...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwisatz Haderach

10-06-2011

revive karthus for SR was the only real revive build and they nerfed it while back

Attero

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Quote:
PooOnUrChest69:
Beating good players has nothing to do with the summoner spells you choose. So saying that it works or does not work against certain people means nothing. You cannot prove that revive won you a game just as you cannot prove it lost you a game.

Well for starters, I lost that game. We rocked them early game (Obv, I was Panth and they had a ranged AD.) Then Loco decided that he felt like single handedly massacring our team. With the help of his teammates of course. (That doesn't make any sense does it?) Oh, and Shen decided to build 2x Warmogs which made Vayne laugh.

Anyway: That wasn't my point either. I wasn't saying "OMG I beat pros I'm better than them."
For starters that'd be stupid. Next I didn't win anyway.

But saying Revive only works against bads is pretty arrogant, considering the caliber of players that use it.

Quote:
Frostyshade:
I find revive only viable in SR. Not dom.

That's funny, I'm the exact opposite.

rDean

10-06-2011

id rather take smite than revive, at least i can take out a promote or something, honestly why do people think this spell is good at all on dom compared to other spells? you get to use this once most dom games /thread

dirtpoor

10-06-2011

Quote:
Kwisatz Haderach:
1 use per match eh no

I use it 2 times a match every time. 3 if im unlucky. At it whoops ass every time.

Kwisatz Haderach

10-06-2011

Quote:
dirtpoor:
I use it 2 times a match every time. 3 if im unlucky. At it whoops ass every time.

your games are long as hell

FDru

10-06-2011

Quote:
Attero:
How many uses do you get out of that sweet flash, eh?

3 times as many, or 5-6 times per match?

rDean

10-06-2011

Quote:
dirtpoor:

that makes me think you are just wasting a revive early just to get a 2nd one off....and whoever asked about flash.....more than once a game more than 3 times a game for that matter compared to once a game also wave respawns people read about it. Also picture is completely irrelevant and proves nothing

Attero

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Quote:
rDean:
that makes me think you are just wasting a revive early just to get a 2nd one off....and whoever asked about flash.....more than once a game more than 3 times a game for that matter compared to once a game also wave respawns people read about it. Also picture is completely irrelevant and proves nothing

Not wasting anything.

What event happens at the beginning of every match? A battle at top.
There are two possible outcomes:
You live, because your team won. Congrats! You didn't need to use revive.
You die, but you win top anyway because you use revive.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to lose the opening battle when your team has 2 revives at top? You can even do a 3 top 1 mid 1 bot split and successfully win all 5 points.

I always get 2 uses out of revive, USUALLY 3. In no game that didn't involve me going with 0 deaths have I not gotten the chance to use revive. How many games have you not used a flash for the first half of the game?

Anyway. It isn't just about how many times the spell is used. Revive also gives you a MASSIVE boost to HP for a very long duration. This buff often persists through numerous battles, maybe 2-3 deaths or more. The immediate MS boost when reviving is also priceless. All these effects are powerful by themselves. Combined they are simply too valuable.

BigDaddyDelish

10-06-2011

It really isn't that bad.

You are garunteed to take Windmill at the very least, although I do agree that the cd is pretty god **** long to use it more than 2 or 3 times per match. But those times can really be a life-savor at the same time. Can mean the difference between a win or loss.

IsmaHell

10-06-2011

I use revive for xin zhao also, basically its a won battle at top everytime, and sometimes you use it and sometimes you dont.

Its great for finishing that teamfight that left them 3 champions at ~10% hp taking your closest point or to hunt that roaming evelynn who thought she'd get her way ninja capping mid.

The hp bonus early game, especially with flat armor/mr runes + extra 6 for masteries + prospector blade makes you a vicious tanky/dps early game. Add the shield buff, and as long as you pick your fights carefully you WILL win, even some 2vs1.

Using it really smart, you can use it 2 times per map for sure. Using it with a mix of ASAP/brain usually gets me 3 uses per game. I already tried exhaust/flash and since the map is already so fast, it just doesnt feel rewarding enough. Anyway, I dont think its actually OP, I just see it as good as a flash (with 21 in utility) or perhaps a exhaust. Maybe as good as a Ignite if you see a ****ing Sion in draft mode.