An Aura of Proper Balance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansen

10-06-2011

I like the option to jungle and lane somewhat simultaneously. Leveraging the jungle creeps can be a very strong tactic for your team. However, the team I play with sometimes use a full-time jungler as well.

I would agree that dragon needs to be adjusted, though. Later in the game you can solo it in like eight seconds with some characters. That's just too easy for such an important buff.

One other thing I'd like to see is have them switch out Oracle's for the 'extract' version found in Dominion (that expires after a few minutes even when you don't die). In TT if you get a crazy tanky champ with Oracle's and you can't kill him, you lose all map control and the game might as well be over.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Here's my two cents about balance and why you should even give my opinions any amount of thought. First off my gold is in 3s, and i got it with the consistent team comp of warwick (me), kennen/cass, renekton/lee sin. A few times when the other team flubbed bans we grabbed garen.

In my opinion TT is pretty balanced as it is, but it does need a couple tweaks. First off the champions. Jax is not that great. My team mates shut him down every game, pre nerf morde was always shut down as well. As for the other two, a good trynd hurts, and a good singed is even more annoying. However, in recent normals, putting a ranged champion against either of the two, and jungle control have consistently shut them down.

The things that hurt the most are actually squishy. the gold from my dragon gets caused kennen and renekton to do INSANE damage early in the game, often instagibbing the relatively under farmed other team.

Another thing that is insanely op is the amount of synergy allowed in 3s. The team we lost to the hardest was vayne alistar singed. Emphasis on vayne alistar. Oh my god, the horror. The small quarters of the map made laning simply impossible. Similarly, average or good things on SR are amazing in TT. Think things like brand's ult getting max bounces because everyone is together, or teemo/shaco having complete control over the jungle. Creativity trounces poorly thought out teams like 3 tanky dps.

Speaking of the jungle, this is why twisted treeline is fun. Dragon spawns at 4:40 and then in 5 minute intervals, and is by far without a doubt the most important thing in the map other than the nexuses. Dragon is worth 280g per person or essentially 3 kills AND gives you a damage buff. This means every 5 minutes 3 kills is up for grabs. You better be timing this every time, and you better have it pinked. if you havent gotten the picture DRAGON IS THE FOCAL POINT OF THIS MAP WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. Balance lies with dragon. If you control dragon, you will win the game. That having been said, i would agree that dragon needs to have higher health late game, so contesting it will be slightly more difficult.

The only real complaint i have about TT is the slight inconsistency of the jungle. From what i have found, Warwick is the only champion able to completely trounce the entire top jungle with room to spare and then proceed to get a 5 minute solo dragon kill (provided I get 2 madred's procs on dragon). For the majority of other junglers, getting small golems and wolve buff will leave you with nothing, if you even manage to get the buff down. That being said, i have dedicated jungled ap tanky on hit teemo and ended up going 14/6, so golems wolves is a rather harsh requirement to doing the jungle in any given situation.

So that's my take on TT. The way it is now is extremely high paced and only limited by creativity. So long as you work well as a team, any team is beatable (try me i have plenty of stories). You dont even have to dedicated jungle, just have someone take smite. This post is getting kinda long so if you have any other questions i'd be willing to answer.

TL DR twisted treeline is actually pretty balanced

BRAVEYpl0x

10-07-2011

Wow Evil. You have given me hope that I will not live forever in fear of the 3 tanky DPS team. Great points and thanks for the tips. Good to hear from a high elo perspective.

MUSAKEK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunLovinGuy View Post
Maybe riot just needs to ban certain items on TT and make whole new ones, like they did with Dom.
yes