An Aura of Proper Balance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Steelman

10-06-2011

[First off, this thread is a test to see if Reds will ever post in this section of the forums; this can still be the first thread for one to post in.]
Riot has proven that they can treat maps individually for balance issues since Dominion, and it's clear that TT needs some love.

When Dominion was released, Riot added that passive aura of armor pen, regeneration, and other things to give certain under-represented character types the things they needed to survive and be useful in Dominion, as well as removing/adding items that would help out certain roles while maintaining map balance.

As I'm sure everyone is aware, Twisted Treeline has the problem of being dominated by a few champion types far worse than either Summoner's Rift or the Crystal Scar do right now. I think it's time we started addressing this, now that the technology for a map-wide balance tweak has been proven in practice.

So, what would you like to see to balance this map?

Gloribhem

10-06-2011

The aura of not allowing jax, tryn, singed, or morde into the map

Lorthix

10-06-2011

I can understand the other three but Morde? Really? He got destroyed with his nerf, I rarely ever see him now in either 3s or 5s and when I do you are able to just ignore him or feed off of him

Gloribhem

10-06-2011

Well I normally don't have a problem with any of them. It was more for sarcasm since pre-nerfs morde did used to be a problem.

Gobbles

10-06-2011

An aura would be great, but I feel for the most part that the majority of champs are fine on this map, it's just that you have to be really careful with picking team comps. I've seen full caster teams win just as much as the tanky DPS. Just have to play to your teams strength.

FunLovinGuy

10-06-2011

Maybe riot just needs to ban certain items on TT and make whole new ones, like they did with Dom.

CaliOGkush

10-06-2011

Do what they did on dominion, Lower gold gain to that of a creep kill to encourage pushing rather then ganking all the time from level 3

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-06-2011

Tenacity items, including mercury's treads - I would disable these from TT. They're necessary in 5v5 because otherwise it would be easy for a melee to get stunlocked into oblivion, but on TT a tanky DPS with mercs is hard to focus down and peel. Quicksilver Sash and Cleanse still exist if you need clutch counters to CC, but you won't have 35% resistance at all times. It would also tone down characters with inherent CC reduction like Singed (although Riot just toned Singed's CC reduction down anyway)

I would enable some of the dominion items like Sanguine Blade and Ionic Spark for ranged DPS, maybe add some more if it still proves necessary. Right now the viable ranged DPS on TT are what, Corki and Ezreal? I can't think of any others off the top of my head, and neither of those two would build Sanguine Blade or Ionic Spark as a core item so it wouldn't be a direct buff to them.

For global buffs, I'd transfer the 15% armor pen 5% magic pen. Maybe even increase it to 20/10%. Stacking defensive items is incredibly strong on many characters in TT with only 3 champions to focus you instead of 5. I'd also transfer a less version of the mana regeneration buff to help out characters like Swain, Anivia, etc.

That's about all off the top of my head as far as dominion-style map changes. I think the map layout needs changes and dragon needs to be harder to kill as well - and much harder to solo.

Tha Steelman

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post
Tenacity items, including mercury's treads - I would disable these from TT. They're necessary in 5v5 because otherwise it would be easy for a melee to get stunlocked into oblivion, but on TT a tanky DPS with mercs is hard to focus down and peel. Quicksilver Sash and Cleanse still exist if you need clutch counters to CC, but you won't have 35% resistance at all times. It would also tone down characters with inherent CC reduction like Singed (although Riot just toned Singed's CC reduction down anyway)

I would enable some of the dominion items like Sanguine Blade and Ionic Spark for ranged DPS, maybe add some more if it still proves necessary. Right now the viable ranged DPS on TT are what, Corki and Ezreal? I can't think of any others off the top of my head, and neither of those two would build Sanguine Blade or Ionic Spark as a core item so it wouldn't be a direct buff to them.

For global buffs, I'd transfer the 15% armor pen 5% magic pen. Maybe even increase it to 20/10%. Stacking defensive items is incredibly strong on many characters in TT with only 3 champions to focus you instead of 5. I'd also transfer a less version of the mana regeneration buff to help out characters like Swain, Anivia, etc.

That's about all off the top of my head as far as dominion-style map changes. I think the map layout needs changes and dragon needs to be harder to kill as well - and much harder to solo.
I like all of these ideas, but I'm a bit cautious on the % penetration since those are really the only stats that Jax doesn't itemize for, and he's a good portion of the balance problem already.

The changes to dragon bring up a good point: How does everyone think the TT jungle fills its role in the game? It's a totally different concept from SR because you don't really see dedicated junglers.

BRAVEYpl0x

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Steelman View Post
I like all of these ideas, but I'm a bit cautious on the % penetration since those are really the only stats that Jax doesn't itemize for, and he's a good portion of the balance problem already.

The changes to dragon bring up a good point: How does everyone think the TT jungle fills its role in the game? It's a totally different concept from SR because you don't really see dedicated junglers.
Hey. A lot of these questions are being addressed in a thread a started last night:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1326390 (Shameless self-plug)
Imma link this thread in mine to help keep these similar conversations connected.

As far as the problem of Jax, a global healing/lifesteal/spellvamp debuff would help, as would a %HP debuff or a Diminishing Returns to HP debuff. Jax doesn't biuld HP, but his passive (which is intended to keep him alive as an offensive melee) is granting too much HP for a 3v3 situation.

As far as the role of the jungle, I find that control of red/liz and the smaller buff camps (especially the enemy's buff camp) is crucial for swinging the tides of battle. So, while it may not act as a source of solo gold/exp like the SR jungle, it does fill the same role that dragon/ baron etc. fill on SR i.e. create points of contention, pull game play away from constant passive laning and provide starting points for asymmetry (one team having the upper hand) on a symmetric map.

However, AzuraZero (a very active Gold Badge in the TT forums) has made posts about dedicated junglers in high-elo TT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
Full jungle is very possible, one of my friends, EvilCoookie mains it when we play here, I'll flag him down for a full rundown, but basically, ww can do it easily, after that it gets more complicated.

almost every team after 1400 had a dedicated jungle. None of this half-jungle nonsense.

You do gank a lot though on any weak jungler to narrow the exp gap.