So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bberger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Personally, the only disadvantage I have ever noticed is when I am playing a jungler. When you are doing the ganking route (Big golems to small golems), or are just picking up the red buff to gank, the Purple side ends up with a red buff closer to the (often) most gankable lane: top. While the Blue side is stuck ending up at the (often) less gankable lane: bottom.
It usually isn't very significant, but it is when you have to travel halfway through the map when your teammate is slowly losing it lane after succesfully winning the pushing factor.

Vigarious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Like said before, it's the camera angle. I personally blame the fact that the bottom GUI bar can't be flipped to the top of the screen.

Ultimate Noob Na

10-07-2011

Position of dragon + redbuff handoff + a slight camera angle advantage locked or unlocked it wouldn't matter

(But for real, who the **** plays with their camera locked)

Redbuff handoff is huge, absolutely ****ing massive. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned much in here, and the only time it was mentioned it was by another gold member.

But seriously guys, want to raise your rating 30 points or so? Start handing your carries your redbuff if you don't absolutely need it, sorry amumu your ganks don't need red.

DecypherMeDown

10-07-2011

Locked Camera= Cluster ****ed.

NakedGranny

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruusaan View Post
ITT: One or two people who keep their cameras locked that have a personal vendetta against those who don't keep their cameras locked.

That is, if the downvotes are anything to go by.
this. quoting for great truth and justice.

the camera is biased and it has nothing to with whether you use a locked or un-locked camera. just get over it and give us better camera controls. seriously. this has to be the only game in the world right now with no orbit or incline options on the camera. you wouldn't direct a feature length film with no other camera movement but pan, would you??

would you direct a war without being able to see anything from any other perspective but your own?

Crittney Spears

Recruiter

10-07-2011

its a psychological disadvantage, it just sucks to look down and move backwards

D4saken1

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr smuggles View Post
its a psychological disadvantage, it just sucks to look down and move backwards
Looking down on someone can mean you are "on top" or "above" them. Also backwards isn't relevant to top or bottom.

If both sides are mid and fall "back" that is moving backwards. Because they were going "forward" or away from their base.

Minutemade

10-07-2011

Ok, i read 3 pages of this and no1 mentioned that the HUD blocks the blue side, when you play on purple. While on blue the HUD is not in the way, because typically you will not get attacked from your own base. This creates a lot of blind spots for purple, and blue if aware of this can be creative in getting skill shots in. This is demonstrated on a few video on youtube as well, and mentioned in the HUD forums as well as few other sub forums.

Also the towers are not exactly mirrored. So the effective range on towers is a little bit better for blue. As in there are less obstructions, so enemy champions on purple have more area to get hit by towers. It's not really noticeable but there is a small difference. (I hope I remembered this right, this one was also confirmed by a red twice (from what I saw). And I don't think they put a fix in for it.)

Also the win rate after the gazillions of games riot had before they made the higher elo team spawn at top. Purple had like a 49% win rate and blue had a 51%, so to counter that out they made the higher elo team spawn on purple.

Random4 lyf

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Awe View Post
when I started Playing this game around MF release I had my camera locked 24/7 . its a bad habit i never seem to let go
Same for me but the release I started at was Sona .-.

Rollb

10-07-2011

Is this game even viable to be played with locked camera? o.o