So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Llama Trainer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Lol people really whining about having to unlock the camera? The game sucks with the camera locked anyways. Heck you can't even look around the map if you are playing someone with a global ulti if your camera is locked. I have never had ANY issues and NEVER felt like i was at a disadvantage depending on what side i am on.....Screen lock is for idiots.

Mahalito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

I still have problems even with camera unlocked. Many peeps have problems with Purple. It's statistically evident Purple loses from these POV factors.

Really... Rotate the cam 180 for Purple and close these threads. It'll really even the playing field for everyone, cam-lock or no.

Then, if cam-lock is truly that inferior, you will still spank cam-lockers.

Forsaken Hero

10-06-2011

I hate unlocked cameras, one reason.. if you're looking somewhere else, then you dive into a 1v3 situation and you don't realize it, you just give free gold to the enemy team. It's happened almost every time I unlock the camera.

Mahalito

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1325 View Post
I hate unlocked cameras, one reason.. if you're looking somewhere else, then you dive into a 1v3 situation and you don't realize it, you just give free gold to the enemy team. It's happened almost every time I unlock the camera.
I have a Nostromo with a hotkey set to rapidly toggle cam-lock "on" or "off". Kinda best-of-both-worlds. But we digress from the thread.

Rawrtin

10-06-2011

blue has better baron control, purple has better dragon control, etc etc
it's mostly to do with jungle placement

also purple caster minion is op

Ruusaan

10-06-2011

ITT: One or two people who keep their cameras locked that have a personal vendetta against those who don't keep their cameras locked.

That is, if the downvotes are anything to go by.

Mahalito

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruusaan View Post
ITT: One or two people who keep their cameras locked that have a personal vendetta against those who don't keep their cameras locked.

That is, if the downvotes are anything to go by.
Downvotes are for namecalling. Again, we digress. Purple is broken. Flip the cam so cam-lockers and free-cammers can unite!

ReaverKing

10-06-2011

But what about the other issues mentioned earlier -like blue jungle being easier to gank- and -red buff better aligned here- and -harder to gank jungle there-?

Those problems won't go away either. Although, if the minions naturally push by themselves that makes team-fights always slightly in blue's favour because of the minion activity in unoccupied lanes.

WarlordMichael

10-06-2011

I honestly havent noticed a difference in my win loss ratio as purple, the HUD doesnt really get in my way, I turned off locked camera during the tutorial when I started and never turned it back on, I also activated smart cast at the same time, if you feel that the HUD has an effect on yours/opponents gameplay then when you play purple let the opponents push towards a tower and hit them from behind (they then have the HUD issue and you dont).

Regardless of how you place the HUD it will get in someones way eventually unless they learn to get around it, the best option would be to be able to deactivate the majority of the HUD, (only really need the level buttons for skills and CD's, as you can see your hp on your champion).

I would actually support a minimalist HUD as that would be a useful option for anyone, whereas flipping the camera for purple will just make people complain that they got flanked and thier HUD was in the way which is why they died (rather than the actual reason which was that they play with a locked camera so they couldnt react fast enough to a gank from the HUD direction)

Mahalito

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordMichael View Post
I honestly havent noticed a difference in my win loss ratio as purple, the HUD doesnt really get in my way, I turned off locked camera during the tutorial when I started and never turned it back on, I also activated smart cast at the same time, if you feel that the HUD has an effect on yours/opponents gameplay then when you play purple let the opponents push towards a tower and hit them from behind (they then have the HUD issue and you dont).

Regardless of how you place the HUD it will get in someones way eventually unless they learn to get around it, the best option would be to be able to deactivate the majority of the HUD, (only really need the level buttons for skills and CD's, as you can see your hp on your champion).

I would actually support a minimalist HUD as that would be a useful option for anyone, whereas flipping the camera for purple will just make people complain that they got flanked and thier HUD was in the way which is why they died (rather than the actual reason which was that they play with a locked camera so they couldnt react fast enough to a gank from the HUD direction)
Congrats. You either play primarily melee or are really sophisticated with your ranged chars when shooting "down", even with the ever touted free-cam.

I have to point out, though, that if they rotate the camera 180deg for Purple, the HUD is the same disadvantage to EVERYONE, not just one team. Nobody has to change their gank-style because they were spawned on the short-bus side of the map. No designer has to go through 40 iterations of how to "fix" the HUD, and a programmer can pat himself on the back for re-implementing a feature that existed when the game first came out (but instead of free rotate, it's just a quick fixed 180deg transform on the camera node). And we can all have an even-fielded argument on who's camera controls are truly superior (I like both BTW... circumstantial).

What's driving me nuts about this is everyone's fixation on "play-style" and "my camera is better than yours". (IMHO) if they fix this, it'll benefit everyone.

Then, if they want to even the field more, make Baron and Dragon randomly swap sides. The other issues may just go away (except for maybe creeps), because they're probably just perception issues. The map *is symmetrical except for Baron and Dragon. *As far as I can see.

Tada! close thread and move the camera arguments to the "Strategy" boards.