So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shatterlight

10-06-2011

I play with a locked camera because my computer is a piece of **** (so is my mouse, but thats a cheaper thing to fix). All my favorite champions are close-range (Fiddlesticks, Cho'gath, that sort), so it never bothered me starting out. Maybe on a computer that actually met the games minimum requirements, I'd play unlocked and be better. As is, I do perfectly fine in locked camera. It takes a small tad extra map awareness, so I'd say it taught me a little more than people learn when they start unlocked. There isn't anything wrong with playing locked camera other than you have to watch the minimap a little more carefully.

I'd say the jungle position is a much more logical argument. I had never thought of that, and can see why it would be an issue.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkletown View Post
My friend has played this game for about 6 months before i picked it up and whenever we play to gether and get purple he always starts *****ing. Finally i was like whats wrong with purple? He says its harder on skill shots because he has to unlock his camera. I was like O.o, you play with your camera locked? That was when i found out my friend was actualy a ******ed monkey so i punched him in the face.

you cant say ******.ed? silly censoring
why don't you try playing a skillshot champion on purple team and see how hard it is to dodge my Rocket Grab while repositioning your camera to Dark Binding me around the minions in the chaos of a raging teamfight... the long range champions are absolutely crippled on purple team, no matter whether you're playing with a locked camera or not.

the fact is that purple team has to spend more time wrestling with the stupid ****ing camera than blue team does -- this is a needless disadvantage which could be fixed with less than an hour's worth of effort by a programming intern.

the camera is the first major reason why i will never give Riot a single penny.

and now it's story time, gather 'round, children.

there once was a fansite which gathered statistics about LoL matches. this site was useful for all manner of interesting discoveries beyond just K ratios and champion popularity (Ashe was most-popular champion by a huge margin for a very long time). one of the things discovered from gathering all this data was that Purple Team lost matches more often than Blue. by a large margin. and that margin never shrank. now, this could be caused by the match maker adjudicating teams with lower Elo to Purple, but allegedly the match maker tries it darndest to make an even match...

edit: dodged it!

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerKing View Post
That stuff about the camera is bull****. Dunno if trolling or serious.

But there is in fact something about the minions that leaves purple at a disadvantage.
I've played tons of test games with friends and many of those were 1v1 only mid. The side lanes in this situation push 2 out of 3 times always on BOTH sides towards the purple base onto the inhibitors.

Either there is something wrong with minion spawns/KI on the bot&top lanes or there is something wrong with the map itself, which I doubt since they prolly mirror-copied the map for the most part.
I've noticed this too. Anyone who doubts this should start a premade and just watch the minions for 10 minutes. They'll take a tower with 0 player interference.

Schalac

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzCoconutHead View Post
One word.

HUD
This is my gripe with purple side.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1242428

Feral

10-06-2011

It depends which team I'm on.

If I'm on the purple then the purple side wins and vice versa. So in conclusion the team that I'm on gain the advantage over the opposing.

I hope this answers your question.

Mahalito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Yes, I lock the camera when I'm harassing a tower. Belittle away. It's great to dance around keeping Amumu or Blitz from snagging you. It also makes skills a simple flick to get the best angle. Tiny mouse movements = responsive. I can also see everything I need to do this job as Blue. Purple has no such love. I have to unlock, which means to dodge I have to mouse up to where I want to go, then mouse back down for the skill-shots (not to hit the buttons like a noob, just to aim). Mouse travel = less responsive.

During other aspects of play, the camera angle still feels awkward around corners and the line-of-sight fog-of-war "seems" less accurate, probably because the visibility is hidden behind perspective terrain and props. In actuality, this isn't the case, since enemies will still render and highlight behind the trees(etc.)... but perception is everything. If you feel constrained, you play constrained. This is exacerbated for Purple since they are always attacking "down".

Finally, the HUD. Shrink it, unpin it from the wall(etc). It's still omnipresent and obnoxiously disrupts point-of-view. Because of camera angle and the HUD, in order to clearly see what the Blue opponent is doing, Purple must scroll far enough down that they lose "resolution" for clicking around their champion to evade skill-shots and other abilities effectively, with the majority of clickable terrain in the "Retreat into their swords!" area. Blue has a more comfortable angle to manage their toon.

This is a few examples of "Exactly" how Purple is disadvantaged.

I can guarantee Riot tracks win/loss for each champion, item, etc. and when they're used as Blue or Purple. There is a problem. They see it in their data. People claim Riot now gives IP bonus for playing as Purple. Former fan sites that track win/lose ratios show there is a disadvantage. Saying you just "need to play with camera unlocked" is akin to saying the best way to fix a wobbly table is to eat dinner on the other corner. I say the table is still broken.

IMHO, the solution is to just rotate the play-field and map 180deg for Purple.

Savage Turtle

10-06-2011

if you play with a locked camera hang yourself you stupid ******s

Mahalito

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Turtle View Post
if you play with a locked camera hang yourself you stupid ******s
And how does this fix the POV problem? Stop hijacking threads with personal attacks.

mattymca

10-06-2011

I've always thought purple to be at SLIGHT advantage when it comes to last hitting. The camera view being at the isometric angle it is naturally easier to click on a blue minion standing in front of a purple minion/champion.

I sometimes find myself (when on blue team) trying to right-click a purple minion to last hit them, only to misclick my blue minion making me miss the last hit and somtimes even move me into a position I don't want to be. This is especially frustrating as squishy ranged champions early game.

xxSoS

10-06-2011

camera angle , the view of now been able to c the full range of your skill unless u take it off locked view

12345678 ... 11