So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D4saken1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Never had troubles being purple, nor do I see the point when people complain about it. It wont switch you to blue just because you complain. Never have trouble with my skill shots; just sayin.

flawzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

people find reasons to cry h0ly$h!t...

iTzCoconutHead

10-06-2011

One word.

HUD

Jason SDS

10-06-2011

I think it mainly has to do with games where summoners don't protect their jungle champ. 2 bottom 1 mid 1 top means that people from the bottom team have to go to protect farther from their lane(If starting at blue golem).

Also isn't the brush for the top team easier to see around for ganks than the bottom or have they fixed that?

Feloner

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repseki View Post
People play this game with a locked camera?
I am in shock too.

Vsin

10-06-2011

There are a ton of tiny differences all over the place that can make one side or the other advantageous based on what the team comps are.

- Dragon and Baron are the most obvious ones. In particular, a jungler with the right sort of blink (eg: Trynd, Lee) can sneak into the Dragon area without showing up on a ward (except one parked right in front of Dragon), and Baron is slightly easier to ward and steal from the Purple side.

- Buff placements also matter, but not in a more obvious "Blue Bot gets Red" way. I'm talking about this sneaky trick where you can drag the Red buff into the bush closer to the river, thus allowing you to steal it without anybody noticing, even if they CV. You can do it on the Purple side, but NOT on the Blue side.

- The 2nd row middle towers aren't positioned the same way, so you can sneak past the Blue one from the wraith side, but you can't do the same for the Purple one.

- Due to the camera angle, you actually get one specific occurrence where a ganker is at a disadvantage: Ganking Blue Top. Due to the camera angle, it's harder to see the Blue turret before it starts hitting you, so unless you're used to seeing its range based on other factors (eg: X distance from that rock) you might overextend into the turret. This problem isn't quite as bad on the Purple Bot turret, and it doesn't exist on Blue Bot/Purple Top due to widescreen.

Valkyrie17

10-06-2011

People can play a strategy game with a locked camera? :O

Keiran Darkwill

10-06-2011

No because the bottom UI gets in the way.

DragonEpico

10-06-2011

When you are going down, the HP bar blocks your sight of nearby minions and allies. This does not happen when you go up

That's the only thing i've noticed

UbberTengen

10-06-2011

Do people actually play with locked camera? Gawd

1234567 ... 11