So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

julianjuvenile

10-15-2011

idk if anyone has said this yet, but what if for purple, they turn the camera angle so it faces blue the way you face purple when you're blue. so starting off on purple's platform would look the same as starting on blue. it seems like a simple solution to alleviate the 'problem'. personally it doesn't bug me much, but it would nice to have that option to change you're camera like that if purple.

seandkiller

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerKing View Post
That stuff about the camera is bull****. Dunno if trolling or serious.

But there is in fact something about the minions that leaves purple at a disadvantage.
I've played tons of test games with friends and many of those were 1v1 only mid. The side lanes in this situation push 2 out of 3 times always on BOTH sides towards the purple base onto the inhibitors.

Either there is something wrong with minion spawns/KI on the bot&top lanes or there is something wrong with the map itself, which I doubt since they prolly mirror-copied the map for the most part.
But...but..PCM OP!

Reviize

10-16-2011

its simple.. its the camera angle is bad for purple because u cant see as much because ur abilities and things like that r in the way AND even tho u guys talk **** about locked screen theres ppl that play it because there not used to RTS style games (not a big deal but i know u guys will make it out to be like "omg just learn to play noobs")

ChocolateFolda

10-16-2011

In the current meta, I think purple has a decent advantage due to the tri bush being in favor of ganking the duo bot lane. Yeah blue has the advantage on top, but bot is really more important and practical.

Nea De Penserhir

10-16-2011

This slight advantage is amazingly apparent if you were watching the IEM tournament.

It was so pronounced that it didn't seem to matter at all.

acecow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

Purple caster minions > blue caster minions...but blue minions in general eat purple minions

Y/N?

PresBarackbar

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianjuvenile View Post
idk if anyone has said this yet, but what if for purple, they turn the camera angle so it faces blue the way you face purple when you're blue. so starting off on purple's platform would look the same as starting on blue. it seems like a simple solution to alleviate the 'problem'. personally it doesn't bug me much, but it would nice to have that option to change you're camera like that if purple.
I've always wondered why that isn't an option.

Prince Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

90% sure its because of camera , exactly what about the camera that makes it better not so sure. possibly because of the hud blocking view and forcing you to scroll the screen down instead of getting a last hit on that champ running away(this has happened to me before)

the minion thing that blue pushes better even if true doesn't matter at all in a 5v5 where both teams have all lanes occupied. if anything blue should be better since it helps keep your minions closer to your towers.

Warkeiser

10-17-2011

I don't play with a locked camera, but for me it's the UI that gets in the way.

I've figured out how to make the icons, bars, etc. small but the background remains the same size, so it's pointless to shrink it. Since, on purple, your targets are below you, I sometimes have the issue of misclicking my UI as opposed to my target, who ends up getting away.

Edit: Huh... y'know I just tried to get a screenshot of this and it actually shrunk the background this time around. I'm very confused now.

SN Fate

10-17-2011

Purple is at an advantage at taking dragon at 2:30. shaco can drop 2 boxes at blue for the jungler that takes it without using smite. then shaco and the jungler can take dragon with 6 boxes and smite at 2:30.

Shaco can only drop 1 box at blue on the blue side in addition to the jungler not having enough time to get to dragon on time without the usage of flash or ghost or both.

Not that anyone does this other than me anyways...