tank/support/jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fatguy42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2011

You enter a blind pick solo queue game, all 4 other players lock app and ad carries. Do you play a tank, jungler, support, or a combination like junglemumu or alistar or taric? And this is all assuming you don't just want to pick a fifth carry for lulz.

Addfwyn

10-16-2011

I can't jungle to save my life, so probably a tank.
That said, my preferred role is support by a mile.

sccrdude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

I play jungle rammus in this case.... then I end up carrying the team because they all blow and my powerball ganks slow, and then i taunt so my carries can do some major damage... and somehow i get the kill half the time... in the end, i have crazy gold, cant be killed, and always charge in to a fight 1 v 5 and let my team follow. even though the rest of my team just does ok, i win 4 out of 5 times this way.
btw, this happens to me all the time, and i just always play the role that no one else picks... imo being a good all-around player is the best way to get the most wins, so practice with as many champs as possible until u find what will work when ur team picks lamely

Lanmo12

10-16-2011

you play nunu and do all 3

Smilindeth

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanmo12 View Post
you play nunu and do all 3
But Gangplank and Yorick can do nearly everything Nunu can, but better.
Gangplank has a plus of crits, removing CC, his ult being global and isn't canceled by everything under the sun since it is Nunu's but damage over time rather than a burst, and buffing several people.
Yorick has an "area" slow, an inconsistent heal, but it does damage also, a way to speed himself up (A minus for not helping team mates, but makes up for it with the slow) and can give the team another Carry for a bit.
And depending on the build, both can be tanks also. Have seen some rediculous GP tanks, and Yorick pretty much needs a Warmogs, otherwise he is as squishy as a carry, without the carry dps.

FunLovinGuy

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilindeth View Post
But Gangplank and Yorick can do nearly everything Nunu can, but better.
Gangplank has a plus of crits, removing CC, his ult being global and isn't canceled by everything under the sun since it is Nunu's but damage over time rather than a burst, and buffing several people.
Yorick has an "area" slow, an inconsistent heal, but it does damage also, a way to speed himself up (A minus for not helping team mates, but makes up for it with the slow) and can give the team another Carry for a bit.
And depending on the build, both can be tanks also. Have seen some rediculous GP tanks, and Yorick pretty much needs a Warmogs, otherwise he is as squishy as a carry, without the carry dps.
You have to understand Nunu is usually a Tank, so he wants the enemy team to waste their CC spells on killing his ult as opposed to killing the Carrys or something. Plus his first big buy is usually a Banshies which means they have to waste 2 spells just to stop his ulti. Also, unless the enemy team has amazing communication, you might see more then one CC blown on his ult.

Add on to the fact that Nunu's Snowball is the probably best slow in the game, and his consume is one of the best counter jungling ability's (as long as you aren't predictable with it), and you'll see he is far from useless.

Mr AIex

10-18-2011

I agree with everything that's been said. A jungler that can support and tank. That's GP, Rammus, and Nunu. Amumu might also work in this category.

The trouble with this strategy is that you are reliant on your team not to feed like hell before you can get out of the jungle and be useful.