Good Jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Partarius

10-10-2011

I've been playing for a couple months now, and realized a gaping hole in my skillset. I can only play one jungler. I've been jungling amumu for a while, with great success, but I'd like to learn someone else with a similar playstyle. Is there another champion who plays like amumu, jungles decently, and has an impact on the team's late game?

K1ll3r1nk

10-10-2011

Warwick is an incredibly good and fast jungler. His ganks need to co-ordinated pre- lvl 6 because he doesnt have a stun or gap closer until then.

Fiddlesticks - Is a superb jungler. His jungle after getting blue is the easiest with almost 0 chance of dieing without counter jungle.

Bloofyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Similar skillset... so I'm guessing you don't mean a tank necessarily, but you do want someone with strong ganks pre and post 6.

Lets take a look at people with strong pre 6 ganks:
Jarvan
Xin Zhao
Trundle

You guessed it. All of these people could gank as soon as level 2.
If you wanted to go that route, start red. Hit 2. Gank mid or bot if you are blue team, gank top or mid if you are purple team.

The thing that makes these champs great pre 6 gankers is their CC (minus trundle... he's special)

Jarvan at level 2 will have a knockup. His flag and spear combo is pretty threatening at level 2 with the help of your lane.

Xin Zhao doesn't actually rely on red to gank. He has a slow with his dash and a knockup. all at level 2. (only if you choose to gank, if you want a sustained path, you go QWEWE maxing R>E>W>Q)

Trundle is a special jungler, he can gank at 2 if you are in an elite class on trundle players who know how to pillar correctly to block the escape of your enemy. He heavily relies on red to make him level 2 gank successful.

Post 6 Junglers that have great ganks include:
Tryndamere
Nocturne
Malphite
Warwick

Most of these guys can gank pre 6 (usually at level 4) but typically want to rush to 6. Either for survivability reasons or it allows to secure the kill that much easier. Remember, with these guys you CAN gank pre 6, they may not be the strongest ganks ever, but if your lane is getting pushed in, go help him out and gank it.

Tryndamere is a special guy... He can be a successful jungler with a wide range of rune setups. And depending on those rune sets, he can be either a productive pre 6 ganker, or a very weak pre 6 ganker. Although, he is a post 6 character in lane and he is also a post 6 character in the jungle. Once he gets that ult ganks will be going your way all game long unless someone flashes over a wall

Nocturne can also gank pre 6, (like everyone really) but he just shines when he gets Paranoia. I've seen countless Nocturne players never come for a gank while top is pushed and Nocturne is sitting at level 4 or 5... Dude, you have a fear. That, in my eyes, leads to a kill for either Nocturne or top lane.

Malphite is a unique jungler. Most people forget about him, but his ganks are very scary. Especially post 6. Flash-Ult combo is deadly. The range you can get with that is just absurd. You need to have good placement or you will miss the knockup from it though.

Warwick is honestly the only jungler that you can say really cant do much of anything pre 6. He has no gap closer, or CC. Even with red buff you still need to walk up to the guy you want to gank.

Junglers that benefit the team:
Chogath
Fiddlesticks

There are obviously others, but the others are already in another category. Im sure you can point them out.

Chogath is made of CC. I mean, when he gets some feast stacks, the guy has a hitbox the size of new york. That alone is a great way to pull aggro off your team.

Fiddlesticks is a good control jungler. Not many people feel safe trying to counterjungle a fiddlesticks. fear drain at level 4 would annihilate an enemy jungler. Plus being able to do dragon at level 5 (with blue) is also great.

Deathnor

10-10-2011

well actually jungling is the reason i came to this forum. am wanting someone to look at my general build and order of camps if they can.

been messing around with fiddle a bit lately and im not sure if im not building him right, right runes, skill ups, or if im just bad at ganking.

problem i have is to get dragon at lvl 5 at like the 6-7ish min mark im having to forgo getting fear until lvl 4 which means i cant do much if a lane is getting pushed hard.

ok i went the 9/0/21 route. red mpen, yellow armor, blue cdr, quints HP all flat. for skill order i go wewqwr. for starting items i go amplifing tome and 1 red pot. i go smite and flash.

for my jungle order i start at blue> wolves> wraiths> golems> red> wolves(normaly have to wait about 5-10 seconds for thier respawn depending on how my e bounced)> wraiths> golems. from their i back get a revolver,red pot, ward(place above dragon entrance by thier jungle entrance so i can see if they come to gank me and bot lane can see ganks coming from a ways off as well) and move straight to dragon while my red buff is still active. i then back refill my mana and get blue again and i think 6(might be one wolves camp after for it)

the main problem i am having is i dont seem to have any power to stop a hard push pre 6. im burning so many points into drain which really seems to just have them step back 2 steps back away from me break my drain then counter attack me hard or just run off totally free.

am i building something wrong or is he just not a good ganker until lvl 6.

Partarius

10-10-2011

if your teammates are decent, there shouldn't be any hard pushes pre-6.
Anyway, thanks a lot for the in-depth responses. Jarvan IV and Cho'Gath seem like just what I was looking for; I'll hope for them in the free rotation.

StraightUpMid

10-10-2011

you guys are forgetting lee sin who if needs be can gank at lvl 3 but at lvl 4 certainly jump out with sonic slow with tempest and dash back with safeguard if you fail if not then kill em

vampiric scepter>start at wolves with tempest/cripple spacing out in order to use passive effectivly NOT using smite saving for blue wraith taking safeguard/iron will as soon you kill it with smite and using tempest/safeguard combo spacing them out to use passive well next double golems and going b for cloth armor and health pots x2 if you have enough
take out blue with smite and popping a pot as soon as you start if you need to and getting another point in tempest/cripple depending on health you should be able to take out red with or without smite after red go b pick up madreds/wriggles after that the build is yours to decide
i go wriggles>mercury treads>trinity>thirster>thirster>infinity edge or a frozen mallet depending on the amount of dmg by the other team

thats what i do and works all the time never gone negative with him with that build feel free to change as much as you want just what i do

Beaumains

10-11-2011

"Plays like amumu, jungles decently (or better I presume), and affects lategame."

I'd say Fiddle. He's not really a tank (though he can be), but his jungling and ganking style are somewhat similar to amumu. He also heavily impacts teamfights at all stages of the game if you can keep up & execute decently.

If you're looking for a straight tank or tank-ish jungler, then Rammus is probably a good bet also. His style is very much like amumu - except that he doesn't need Blue, which is a plus; his ganks are similar, he shreds towers which means he's always relevant, and his taunt presents a very real threat to the opposing team just like amumu's combo.

Moo

Recruiter

10-11-2011

Skarner

Neoseanster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnor View Post
well actually jungling is the reason i came to this forum. am wanting someone to look at my general build and order of camps if they can.

been messing around with fiddle a bit lately and im not sure if im not building him right, right runes, skill ups, or if im just bad at ganking.

problem i have is to get dragon at lvl 5 at like the 6-7ish min mark im having to forgo getting fear until lvl 4 which means i cant do much if a lane is getting pushed hard.

ok i went the 9/0/21 route. red mpen, yellow armor, blue cdr, quints HP all flat. for skill order i go wewqwr. for starting items i go amplifing tome and 1 red pot. i go smite and flash.

for my jungle order i start at blue> wolves> wraiths> golems> red> wolves(normaly have to wait about 5-10 seconds for thier respawn depending on how my e bounced)> wraiths> golems. from their i back get a revolver,red pot, ward(place above dragon entrance by thier jungle entrance so i can see if they come to gank me and bot lane can see ganks coming from a ways off as well) and move straight to dragon while my red buff is still active. i then back refill my mana and get blue again and i think 6(might be one wolves camp after for it)

the main problem i am having is i dont seem to have any power to stop a hard push pre 6. im burning so many points into drain which really seems to just have them step back 2 steps back away from me break my drain then counter attack me hard or just run off totally free.

Fiddlesticks is a strong ganker even pre-6, especially if your laner has any CC and can bait out the enemy's interrupts before you go in. Drain does ridiculous damage if someone's forced to stay in it... if you can come from behind, they'll be forced to either run all the way past you to get to safety, or to run forward to break the tether, towards your laners, assuring their death.

That's difficult if they aren't overextended, sure, but most people can't gank under the tower. Post 6, Fiddlesticks can easily.

Cellifal

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnor View Post

I jungle Fiddles quite often, and I have a few suggestions so far. First of all, start with a Doran's Ring, not Amp Tome. Gives almost as much AP, Health, and some Mp5. Second, start at Golems. Not blue. Look up the Jungle Fiddles guide on Solomid.net.. I don't remember who it's by, but it's great. Gets you to Dragon at level four or five, as long as you have blue buff. For me, I use slightly different runes. I use Mpen reds, mp5/level yellows, and flat AP blues. I also use flat AP quints. At level four you can go do dragon or gank; whichever. It is a LOT easier if you have a teammate helping you gank though. Anyway; my route is-
Golems->Wraiths (smite the big one) -> Wolves -> Blue (back) -> Golems -> wraiths -> Wolves -> Dragon. You can use a certain number of drains between your start and blue buff... Three drains on Golems, one on Wraiths, one on Wolves, and then as many as you can on Blue buff so that it dies quickly and safely. The advantage of this route is that a) It's a few seconds faster, and b) In solo queue it's definately safer, as I often get stupid teammates who don't want to leash or guard me at blue, and like 40% of the time the enemy team ganks me. Hope I was helpful though!