Calling MIA's in TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qwyxzl

03-18-2012

Is calling MIA in TT really necessary? It's such a small map, a person can deviate from lane and gank within seconds. I honestly just watch the map and back off if there's someone missing while I'm extending. It's not a problem for me, I don't expect mia calls.

Players tend to get mad when I don't call mia and they get ganked, but they can't actually expect me to type "mia" every single time someone goes missing, even for a moment, do they?

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

when you dont call mia
"no mia? top u suck"

when you do call mia
"i didnt read chat srry"

i never call it, i don't think you need to call it, i think they should get some map awareness

Lixa, unofficial moderator of tt forums

Exqzr

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyxzl View Post
Is calling MIA in TT really necessary? It's such a small map, a person can deviate from lane and gank within seconds. I honestly just watch the map and back off if there's someone missing while I'm extending. It's not a problem for me, I don't expect mia calls.

Players tend to get mad when I don't call mia and they get ganked, but they can't actually expect me to type "mia" every single time someone goes missing, even for a moment, do they?
At the start of the game simply say.

"assume Mia at all times"

Then only actually call MIA when your mates are pushing a turret and probably concentrating on only what is in front of them and assuming you have the time.

Other than that only a poor player will expect you to call MIA everytime someone hides in a bush. If you cant see them, they can't see them. That's their Mia right there.

Chaiyns

03-18-2012

I've played LoL a lot, and still don't pay as much attention to my minimap as I should and sometimes get tunnel vision zoning an opponent in top lane, mias are nice but not required, no

Koldheartedjsp

03-18-2012

******* and bads who need someone to blame rely on mia

AmishBreakfast

03-18-2012

I agree with Exqzr. Just assume mia at all times. Map awareness everyone's responsibility, especially on TT.

Usually TT mia goes like this:
My lane enemy is out of my sight for maybe 4-5 seconds, so I call mia. By the time I type it and they read it, the enemy is already ganking the lane I'm warning. Then teammate criticizes for being late.

The alternative is I spam mia every time enemy is out of sight for one second. Spamming mia is really no better than just keeping silent.

Alan MQ

03-18-2012

For some of the enemies like Shaco, Trynd, Ezreal ... that can flash through walls easily, "MIA" is a such a good reminder that you are going to get gank soon.

Sometime when you are 1vs1 with low hp, you have to look at your HP, cooldown, as well as the enemy. How come you still be able to aware that the slight change on the mini map? for experienced player may be you could, but you CAN NOT assume that your "Solo QUEUE teammate are as experienced as you are. Everyone just different, if they ask you a favor to cal MIA, can YOU just type mia for them , is typing "MIA" that freaking HARD??

For "SOLO QUEUE" in TT, often maix 200 wins player with 1000+ wins player, if you are 1000+ wins you gotta carry and if you dont call MIA and your teammate feed, it cause you at least 15 wins and a lose, REMEMBER you are team and a little help for them is a little help for yourself as well.

HoboCrow

03-18-2012

I call it, but I don't rely on my team to call it for me. But I do hate when people say to call mias then never call them themselves.

topdoglost

03-18-2012

You should always call mias if you haven't seem them for awhile and at least 1 ward for lizard is a must on TT

Lertan

03-19-2012

If you're not on voice comms, I assume you're playing with randoms - in which case MIA calls are pretty much pointless on TT. By the time you type it and your ally reads it, it's probably too late.

If you're playing with people you know, FFS, get on comms already, and call those MIA's if your mates need them.

Also, wards.