3v3 Champs that don't work so well in 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OldManInternetz

10-06-2011

I was wondering, what are some of the 3v3 champions that work great in 3s, but not so great in 5s? Dr Mundo comes to mind...

I'm not that experienced with 3v3s so I'm interested to know which champions excel in it.

Thanks!

infinite azure

10-06-2011

Mundo is k... I don't see much of him...

Some things work different in 3v3 than 5v5... it's really hard to say.

Honestly, the only ones I can't think of that find a notable power gain in 3v3 are shaco, nidalee, and teemo. Traps in chokepoints.

Walljumping abilities also make champs more powerful, as ganking faster through the top wall to bot lane can suprise people, as can jumping into dragon.

There are really no champs that are horrible on 5v5 that find a home on 3v3. The meta isn't as stable or strict since the combinations are more fluid, and what can work best isn't as defined, so there won't be trash tier champs that just flat out get flamed like on SR. But then not everything is totally viable outside of a full team.

oh oh nocturne lux cait panth tf semi-globals are better.

I took your thread as what the map makes stronger but it almost sounds like you want advice in picking good champs, sorry if I didn't answer the right question,

GongRen

10-06-2011

maybe jax, but kog is defenitely 5v5

OldManInternetz

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
Mundo is k... I don't see much of him...

Some things work different in 3v3 than 5v5... it's really hard to say.

Honestly, the only ones I can't think of that find a notable power gain in 3v3 are shaco, nidalee, and teemo. Traps in chokepoints.

Walljumping abilities also make champs more powerful, as ganking faster through the top wall to bot lane can suprise people, as can jumping into dragon.

There are really no champs that are horrible on 5v5 that find a home on 3v3. The meta isn't as stable or strict since the combinations are more fluid, and what can work best isn't as defined, so there won't be trash tier champs that just flat out get flamed like on SR. But then not everything is totally viable outside of a full team.

oh oh nocturne lux cait panth tf semi-globals are better.

I took your thread as what the map makes stronger but it almost sounds like you want advice in picking good champs, sorry if I didn't answer the right question,
Thanks for your answer - exactly what I was looking for

My friend said that Mundo was awesome on 3v3s, but said they wouldn't even play with me in 5s if I picked him... xD So, I was just curious to see whether there were any other champs that worked like this also.

The reverse seems to be true, too - Kog definitely would be quite rubbish on 3v3, considering how easy he is to kill and how long it would take for him to farm up and get his main items.

Thanks for your replies.

Halkkirgamed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Jax is good in 5 v 5,and he literally destroys your face in 3 v3,its his kingdom,king jax kingdom

Gloribhem

10-06-2011

Singed is actually king on Twisted Treeline. Let him go solo top and if you don't shut him down early or get a gank from bot lane early then he'll just rampage into the "late game" or TT and you won't be able to kill him.

darkjak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

olaf, jax, & shaco fersure

topdoglost

03-18-2012

Kennen

Koldheartedjsp

03-18-2012

every single champion viable in 3s is viable in 5s

whoever said mundo is still living in the past, mundo is very strong on both maps

jb06

03-19-2012