Who dominates mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bberger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

{CHAMPION} is best because of the {OPINION} and the {SITUATIONAL EVENT}; {CHAMPION I DISLIKE} can just be countered by {SITUATIONAL EVENT} and then roflstomp from there on on. Unless {RANDOM CHAMPION} is mid, I'll win.

There is no best champion, only the best player. The player who modifies their champion pick and/or playstyle to counter the other mid champion usually wins, unless the other player is just considerably stronger.
Some mechanics do make other champions a lot stronger in the middle lane, like Kassadin or Urgot, who offer somewhat of a low risk/high reward factor, but even they have their counters.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bberger View Post
{CHAMPION} is best because of the {OPINION} and the {SITUATIONAL EVENT}; {CHAMPION I DISLIKE} can just be countered by {SITUATIONAL EVENT} and then roflstomp from there on on. Unless {RANDOM CHAMPION} is mid, I'll win.

There is no best champion, only the best player. The player who modifies their champion pick and/or playstyle to counter the other mid champion usually wins, unless the other player is just considerably stronger.
Some mechanics do make other champions a lot stronger in the middle lane, like Kassadin or Urgot, who offer somewhat of a low risk/high reward factor, but even they have their counters.
Very tired of people being so naive as to claim that all champions were balanced or that all champions stand just as good a chance of winning a 1v1 against any other.

It may not be a popular or warm and fuzzy fact, but the game is not perfectly balanced and some champions were in fact designed to be better at specific roles.

Argotto

10-07-2011

Cass seems to be able to counter the most people, assuming you can land most of your Q's. She has speed, she can slow, she can nuke, she has great range. Her ult, if used at the right time, can net you a free kill at 6.

Other than her, I suppose cait makes a pretty tough mid.

Orleos

10-07-2011

Cait has to be the Ultimate Mid imo due to least amount of downsides. Cass (My Main), Heimer, Kass, and Malz are also good. For one she has a great range and is not truly dependent on her mana, it just makes things easier.

Dodging the occasional gank and perhaps picking up a Vampiric Scepter Early Game, leads you to being able to counter and push through most anything without the need to go back. An Auto-Attack range that can take out Heimer's Turrets at no self-risk, and a VS will allow you to heal from the occasional missile/grenade.

Kassadin is a pain, but if you can push through the harassment, you should be fine. VS is always nice, he will run out of mana, and Cait's not dependent on her abilities, so the silence is not that much of a problem, while if he slows you, you can get away with a net shot. Overall, he's probably the most annoying of midders I've faced, if he's against a caster, he'll shut them down.

Being able to outlast Cass and Malz in means of necessities. Cass is dependent on hitting you with her Poison for the Twin Fang spam, and remember, her ulti needs quite a bit of mana, so if she's full and ain't using, or near full with 5stacks Deadly Cadence, keep an eye on her and prepare for the seize up indicating the cast.

Malz is a bit trickier seeing as he has mana-regen ability as well as being able to hurt you at a range. It's pretty much the same as Cass, just make sure to land a few Peacemakers, stay out of the 'FIYAH', and beware the ulti if he's 6. A bit more of a longwinded fight, but the concept of outlasting is the same. That DoT however is a doozy.

GL all and HF

Old Snake

10-07-2011

I can mid as Miss Fortune vs anyone. The only champions that bother me to some extent in mid are Anivia players who's junglers give them blue at levels 3-6. Easiest mid is against Ez, Karthus and Vayne. They are so squishy, have about the same range as me and have abilities that are easy to dodge.

After I get doran's blade I start out with 63 damage+21 armor pentration, 698 health, 37 armor and 49 magic resist thanks to runes and masteries. The tankiness combined with my base damage lets me out dps the opposing champion. After I recall I counter build the opposing champion until lane phase is over (negatron cloak and null magic mantle for casters. Cloth armor+vampiric scepter against ad carries which I build Wriggles from.) and get a ward if the other team has a jungler or ward by using Wriggles.

I'm basically a tanky dps until lane phase is over. On some games I start out with better defensive stats than my tank.

Kittsy

10-08-2011

AP Yi, yo. You win every fight you don't die in, since you have a full-HP-heal on W. Strong poke is good too, and 1 Alpha lets you steal the enemy wraiths so has that nice counterjungling aspect.

chuckmate

10-08-2011

I may be a little bias here, since I switch between these 2 champs as my mains. For an AD mid, I think Cait is one of the best mid. Her range + ability to farm allows her to get the gold to get her better items quickly, plus she is great at harrasing.

As for an AP mid, no love for Lux? Lucent Singularity can be used to burst the minions, or to light up the bushes to see the oncoming ganks. It also slows enemy champs. Light Binding can stop some one in their tracks, and let's not forget her ult is a great finisher to get her good and fed. But, that's just my opinion based on my experiences with both champions.

GSO Synthetic

10-08-2011

Cass

Buttocks Daddy

10-08-2011

I like to play Urgot, Galio, and Gragas. These three seem to be good at adapting to the enemy charcter and tend not to get absolutely dominated if things are going bad, so I find them to be safe choices.

TheAnythinger

10-08-2011

Here is the obvious list...
Ability Power
Maokai
Malzahar
Morgana
Xerath
Brand
Annie
Sion
Malphite