Noob Questions, what is the difference in TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceilver

10-05-2011

All I know is that it's 2 lanes and different buffs for jungling and the games are shorter. Is there any other changes that stand out? I haven't really ever played TT.

Hotashi

10-05-2011

it makes the game suck more

LegendaryHobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Really only map changes, different creeps, only 3 people each team, is the difference.

Aceilver

10-05-2011

Oh, so it's like a fast paced SR? That actually sounds pretty fun if you don't have enough time to play a full SR game.

JayceJa

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceilver View Post
Oh, so it's like a fast paced SR? That actually sounds pretty fun if you don't have enough time to play a full SR game.
the downside is that due to smaller team sizes, tanky dps champions become stronger, and it throws off game balance by quite a bit since riot hasnt taken any steps to balance TT seperately
its slightly less of a problem in draft mode where you can ban the godmode pubstompers mordekaiser, tryndamere, etc. that get even better at doing so on TT however since riot has neglected TT even more by disallowing solo queuers playing draft mode, for now its not really worth playing TT without an arranged team and inhouse games with paper drafting

AlexDnD

10-05-2011

Exhaust to stop that mean ole Tryndamere!

I like TT since I can play Mundo without people crying about it. He's pretty sweet on it since his ult is more powerful due to 3-3 instead of 5-5.

Wolfalisk

10-05-2011

If you ever came close to smashing your fist into your monitor from playing 5v5, TT will push you over the edge and you will have to replace your monitor before you continue to play LoL.

infinite azure

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
the downside is that due to smaller team sizes, tanky dps champions become stronger, and it throws off game balance by quite a bit since riot hasnt taken any steps to balance TT seperately
its slightly less of a problem in draft mode where you can ban the godmode pubstompers mordekaiser, tryndamere, etc. that get even better at doing so on TT however since riot has neglected TT even more by disallowing solo queuers playing draft mode, for now its not really worth playing TT without an arranged team and inhouse games with paper drafting
this sentiment is outdated, the tanky dps nerfs hit hard, so did the mord nerf, and exhaust can usually stop trynd.

JayceJa

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
this sentiment is outdated, the tanky dps nerfs hit hard, so did the mord nerf, and exhaust can usually stop trynd.
i havent played as much in a while, but mordekaiser is still a roflstomper against non-organized teams, and a single exhaust wont stop a tryndamere, and has much longer CD than his ulti

the tanky dps meta on TT is nowhere near as bad as it was, but the god tier is still a god tier, and naturally tanky characters still rule

infinite azure

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
i havent played as much in a while, but mordekaiser is still a roflstomper against non-organized teams, and a single exhaust wont stop a tryndamere, and has much longer CD than his ulti

the tanky dps meta on TT is nowhere near as bad as it was, but the god tier is still a god tier, and naturally tanky characters still rule
the only god tier right now is lee sin, garen...

I'm just afraid that a lot of the perceived imbalance stems from dragon control, cause losing it is losing no matter what team you've got.