Basic Tips to Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyushu View Post
Red buff being easy to gank or pink warded doesn't make it any less valuable. Dragon tends to be guarded even more carefully than red. But yes, dragon is definitely more valuable than red. However, if dragon is not up, then red is the objective.

One common mistake, is that people see, Red is only 50 gold or so, pointless. But the reason for red is the buff, not the gold.
"This unit's physical attacks slow the target's movement speed by (10/20/30)% (at levels 1/6/11) and deal (7.7 + Level * 2.35) true damage based on their level. If the buff holder is slain, this buff is transferred to the killer."

At level 8, that's a true damage pick axe. The slow is nothing to scoff at either, especially considering how much ganking the jungler should be doing.
Thank you for these numbers, I hadn't realized the full extent of the true damage, and indeed will change my play to recognize the potential power it gives.

I was just trying for a quick bone-basics guide to treeline, I will eventually flesh out an actual thorough guide sooner or later, but was going to give a bit to see if a platinum player wanted to step in and make one.

Though if enough are willing to vet it, I suppose I could just get started on something more solid.

There is another guide floating around, but it has too many inaccuracies and is written by a pretty mediocre player, I feel like a fresh start is needed.

infinite azure

10-07-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1331201

Evilcoookie has made a start to a pretty thorough jungle guide, I'll probably be working on something more detailed involving casters, which is the bulk of my time on treeline.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Update: Currently trying to play with and talk with more plat players and top people this season. A lot of my strategy has already been changed.

Also, Vraell (cuurently 9th this season) has volunteered to write a guide explaining high level team comps, bans, and what has worked for him.

Spâztiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

As others have said, u NEED a jungler. dont play tt without one, smite is a MUST, ur jungler should always have smite, if not hes bad. Dont ever play a support in twisted treeline, ur not supporting anyone. quick bursts=dead and ur a support running for your life. ask saiy when he played me as ali[anywaysm jk! =)] But seriously it is a huge step from gold to plat in TT because it is a completely different playstyle from 5s and most people dont understand that.

infinite azure

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoMyst1c View Post
As others have said, u NEED a jungler. dont play tt without one, smite is a MUST, ur jungler should always have smite, if not hes bad. Dont ever play a support in twisted treeline, ur not supporting anyone. quick bursts=dead and ur a support running for your life. ask saiy when he played me as ali[anywaysm jk! =)] But seriously it is a huge step from gold to plat in TT because it is a completely different playstyle from 5s and most people dont understand that.
Again these are basic tips aimed at people just starting to play TT from normals, not competitive players, the aim would be basics to get people in solo queue adapting to at least a slightly more competitive playstyle to inhibit pubstompers, and the more team focused things like always having a jungler if you don't feel like solo-queueing one small steps you know?

Akrotheos

10-08-2011

Perhaps the best thread I've found in the whole Community so far... If I could +1,000 OP and all the other (good) posts, I would. Very informational.

rayoul

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupture View Post
False:

1) The fear of knowing the enemy team has red buff will second guess any type of over extension or even a safe middle area.

2) Having red control usually means gaining map control. If you find yourself losing out on the red buff, you are most likely not controlling the enormous middle section of the map.

3) It provides a significant damage increase for neutrals. It speeds up your jungler's pattern.
u mean that when u kill red the other junge creeps will have less damage (less hp also ?)

O_O ..... god ..... im so noob .. 1300 win not enough

i taught it was only a slow and a true damage poison

rayoul

10-08-2011

also u mentionned tristana and caitlyn at some point as chars u could use ,...........................

i wish they had a smiley that puked cos if u want to loose those are top 10 worst chars in the game for TT .... i made a tier list of chars to absolutely not play , and the ones to fear ...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1338031

Rupture

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoul View Post
u mean that when u kill red the other junge creeps will have less damage (less hp also ?)

O_O ..... god ..... im so noob .. 1300 win not enough

i taught it was only a slow and a true damage poison

Ummm. Can't tell if trolling or dumb. It gives your jungler extra damage.

Sam

10-11-2011

Doesn't really give your jungler extra dmg, just gives it slow/damage per sec. Not like it gives you like a +___ dmg. Hint : Jungle wins games! So when somebody jungle! Thank them! Cause they probably won the game for you! Nobody shows respect or anything to jungle, maybe thats why nobody likes jungle :_)