Would you like it if TT was 5v5?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

@AzuraZero:

All your statements revolve around the notion that 3v3 would be more balanced then 5v5.

Which it isn't - Proven by the past year as Riot has shown little interest in balancing the map AT ALL.
Even when they adjusted Dragon on SR, they did nothing to prevent early dragon-attempts (sorry, I don't know the real name of TT's neutral boss) on Twisted Tree Line.

3v3 is broken and not a worthwhile mode - It's just refreshing every now and then.
5v5 includes more people, champions are already balances, and the size and structure of the map merely change the type of meta the classic turret defense would have.

The balance would be better then it is now.

And you don't seem to understand what I meant when I said it'd be better for newbies.

It's be better because there are only 2 lanes.
That means you always ALWAYS end up with a lane partner as opposed to playing on your own.
People would learn to work with allies more quickly as a result.

I remember clearly as me and my friends started playing that having people laning with you was much easier for the learning experience as opposed to solo'ing which we also did and weren't confident in yet.

I never said being isolated made it harder to do well, it made it harder to learn.

If you're alone in a solo-lane on SR, you don't learn anything about teamwork. There are no allies to fall back to cue you to retreat too; vice versa with committing to a fight.

And I have played enough TT to know - Tanky DPS would not dominate as much if it were 5v5 - That's something very VERY easy to perceive if you actually understand why Tanky DPS don't dominate Summoner's Rift (anymore).

At face value, most think that adding more champions per game would make things more hectic - Wrong. People would be more cautious due to more chance to be focused down. Nukes and Carries who have more range / skill shots to brush-check would obviously rise in viability.

You're the one whose assuming 3v3 is better even though it's an established FACT that Twisted Treeline as it is now is a broken concept.

It's just like Beta Promote, Wit's End mana-burn, Innervating Locket, or 3-Turret Heimerdinger, or Twisted Fate's global teleport. It's fun for some people, but there are plenty of other people who get no pleasure out of it.
You're just attached to the current Twisted Treeline format.

Riot's job is to know what everyone wants holistically, and keeping TT 3v3 is totally against what the community would want; a Twisted Treeline that was balanced so everyone could enjoy it - The community which obviously far outnumbers the TT playerbase.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

I'm not saying it's better I'm saying its different, a difference I enjoy because it hasn't stagnated into a strict meta like SR, and your crusade to make it the same is flawed. You have not played competitive TT, which is rather rare at this point. You're still worried about starting the game in a duo lane, you haven't played a single ranked treeline game, EVER, which makes me question if you've ever even played it in a full team. I've played so many more games I think I understand why tankydps was OP on SR and it has since been nerfed, hence the shift.

This map, the corners, the wrap around bushes simply do not function with the potential of 5 people camping around the corner. I get that you want another 5v5 map, but TT from the ground up, from the buffs, from the random jungle, from the way the walls create small entrances and exits from major contention points.

This map is 3v3, please take your crusade to magma chamber. Yes they balance around 5s, but through that 3s has been much better. No it won't be perfect, but you shouldn't hack and slash a mode you barely understand cause you want what's "good for everyone".

Twisted treeline could never succeed as a 5v5 map, and you're better off campaigning for magma chamber. 5v5 will not balance TT, because for a team of 5 the map is holistically flawed.

TLDR: go fight for magma chamber.

Gloribhem

10-06-2011

Nah I'm alright when my guerilla gank squad

4wallsmsu

10-06-2011

Everyone seems to be going on and on about mechanical issues and balance. What about having something just for fun? 5v5 on a small map sounds fun, who cares about the rest? I've played custom SR games when everyone agrees to all go mid from the start and it's fun. If you don't like it, don't play it. If it's fun, then great. That's my take on these types of issues.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wallsmsu View Post
Everyone seems to be going on and on about mechanical issues and balance. What about having something just for fun? 5v5 on a small map sounds fun, who cares about the rest? I've played custom SR games when everyone agrees to all go mid from the start and it's fun. If you don't like it, don't play it. If it's fun, then great. That's my take on these types of issues.
It's not fun when only 20 or so champions are viable out of 80.

You can't tell people not to play if it's not fun because Riot's job is to design things that almost everyone (the majority) can enjoy.
If it's not fun for the majority, that's enough to warrant changes.

As a minority and a customer, you'll have to put up with that - That's business and priorities at work.

Oh, and going all mid in custom SR? That's ARAM.
There are plenty of other custom games where people play normally to practice and take things seriously.

This is a strategy game - Playing seriously and doing your best to win is fun too.
And it's always more fun when MORE people can join in - When it's more balanced.