Dr Mundo - The Madman of Zuan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riotcontrol

11-14-2009

Ive tried a super tank Mundo and it was quite fun : 2x warmogs 2x force of nature and stark fervor. You can keep you W on constantly and he regens faster even without ultimate, it can literally tank a tower indefinitely and ur giving starks to the whole team. Was considering a frozen mallet instead so when they hit u they are slowed and u escape more easily, still with flash and this setup I only die to 4/5 lvl 18 enemies and it still takes them awhile.

daNNux

11-14-2009

But wont your offensive capabilities be a little "weak"? Like non-existent?

Only an indiot would target a tank like that, no DPS to talk abaout -> target the rest of your team and then gank you.

Jothki

11-14-2009

Bear in mind that Mundo's offensive capabilities are somewhat loaded onto his abilities, which aren't affected by AP. The only stats that matter for Mundo's dps are damage, attack speed, and crit rate. Damage matters slightly less because of the fixed boost from Masochism, and he's getting an attack speed boost from Starks. He'll lose out a bit on Masochism crits, though.

Dahras

11-14-2009

I have tried the DPS build of your guide again and I have to say, I think it is a strong way to build Mundo, but I think there could be a little bit of tweaking done to the item build order. When I play DPS I go:

1) Regen Pendant
2) Phage
3) 'zerker Boots
4) Zeal/Phantom Dancer (if you have enough to just buy Zeal, buy it as an intermediate)
5) Frozen Mallet
6) Infinity Edge (believe me though, you WON'T get to this)

The idea is that you do need health to be Mundo, seeing as you use health to activate abilities, but because you aren't taking burning agony, you really don't need a ton of health early, just enough to get by. Phage provides this and gives you some useful attack damage as well as a decent (albeit redundant) slow. After that you are free to focus on the thing that REALLY helps DPS Mundo, attack speed and critical strike. Once you get boots and the dancer, your tower pushing/hero bursting abilities will be great, and the movement and dodge will help as well. After that you can get even more health (which you will need seeing as you have become a huge threat) at a relatively cheap price by finishing your Frozen Mallet.

When using this build, it is helpful to remember that, because you are NOT a tank, you should try to avoid staying a low health percentage to buff Masochism. Your attack speed and critical strike are enough that you can do great damage without the risk of dying that being at 50% health brings about. In that vein, your ult becomes less powerful with the build, which means that you really should just use it as an escape/healing ability with a moderately long cooldown. Also, the fact that you a) aren't stacking health and b) have little health regen makes heal a useful skill. My suggested summoner skills are either Flash/Tele (if you are a pro and don't take a ton of damage) or Heal/Tele (if you die too much i.e. are me)

EDIT: I also have considered starting with the beads and then building a Starks as the 5th/6th item. I haven't tested this though. The attack speed is very useful and the Regen/Lifesteal would also be very handy.

Morbis

11-15-2009

I would get boots of swiftness instead of ninja tabi, and I would get them before finishing the warmogs armor. thats a long ways to go without boots

daNNux

11-21-2009

Played alot of games with this build lately. Find i rather solid.

1. Dorans Shield + Health pot
2. Mercurys Threads
3. Warmogs Armour
4. Atmas Impaler.
--------------- most games over..............
5. Negtron Cloak/ Sunfire Cape
6. Sunfire Cape

First 4 items gives a solid base.

Alot of HP and ~400DPS with W+E. Negatron Cloak is always good and i usually finds that going Natures Wrath at endgame usually gives little that late. Banshes Veil would probably be better than Natures Wrath because of the improved HP.

Most times i find HP>>Regen because of Sadism.

As far as i know i find this the best build i tried. Pure DPS might be better but i usually dies horribly trying out that.

Riotcontrol

11-23-2009

Pure tank is of course dependant on your play style, the cleaver deals great dmg and dont forget you have burning agony on constantly and you can spam masochism giving him a fairly decent dps, most players will underestimate you and youll get a couple kills, the focus is to be a great pusher and tank towers easily, when they come to gank, you simply get away since your almost immune to disables and very resistant to any kind of dmg, you dont even need to go back to base, just drag them all the entire map into your team, theres always someone who makes their personal quest to kill you and youll pull them into the trap set by the rest of your team.
If they target your team instead you just dps them, burning agony is around 100 dps to everyone nearby and your masochism makes you hit above 100 aswell, its not an offensive character but you can stay in there for along time slowly chiping away their health.
A tank is a team player, you can tank towers and push the lanes really quick, even alone backdoor, and they will surely try to gank you, the beauty is you can get away with your insane resistances and regen, while your main team force is doing dmg somewhere else.

Honestly gearing him for dps isnt really my taste, other champions do that better, Mundo works better pure tank or a balanced tank/dps, atmas impaler and sunfire cloak are cheap good dps items and you can still keep a warmogs and force of nature.

Raptor2605

11-30-2009

Sorry guys, but the only core item mundo needs is sunfirecapes!
If you stack them up to 5 times, you will even own an ashe or teemo or master yi in lategame.

daNNux

11-30-2009

5 capes?

Thats 14k gold! In how many games do you get more then 10k? (reliable)
And you are still "weak" against magic damage.

It sounds really nice to stack that many sunfirecapes but i doubt seriously that it would be esp good build ingame. Unless played at a really low ELO. But then a stealthed Twitch with a sunfirecape would probably be better

Backno

12-12-2009

After getting tired of getting harrassed out of the lane or running out of mana + playing around with Trynd and finding not having to worry about mana is a ton of fun I picked up Mundo and holy **** I have found MY character.

My build is as follows:

Regroth Pend
Ruby Crystal + speed +1 boots
finish Warmogs
finish boots of swiftness
Atmas Impaler

The last item (cause if a game goes past this you are doing it wrong)

if they are magic heavy - Force of Nature
if they are physical heavy - Wardens Mail