Dr Mundo - The Madman of Zuan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarekX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
I've tried jungling as Dr Mundo from level 1, it works wonders.

He needs a few pots to pull it off, but he can kill the creeps much faster then much junglers, and he is pretty damn solid at killing opposing junglers as well.

Ran into a Warwick when I went over to the enemy jungle, he didn't stand much of a chance.
I dont know, I just still dont believe Mundo is worth the trying. I run into him few times already and I everytime owned him very badly... (both in solo and in team battles)

btw: with soloing the dragon, you thought Baron or that dragon in lower part of the map? Yi can solo it on lvl 6 without smite, heal or HP pot, btw.

eXes

09-23-2009

I dunno but tanking a lot while doing also a lot of damage(attack and aoe), having a slow and ms spell is not that bad. Last time i played him was like 15-6-20 in a pretty hard match. Outdamaging a farmed yi in 1on1

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-23-2009

Got 11/3/11 recently in a game where I started out jungling (level 1 to about 5), then ganked everything with the aid of the lizard buff, and in the end tanked.

At level 1, you get 1 Elixir of Agility, this will increase your damage by a huge ratio, and a couple of health pots (you can afford five).

Go kill the Elder Lizard first, using Smite, Masochism and Heal (or possibly a pot). Then just walk around killing everything in the jungle. As your HP gets lower, Masochism gives you much more damage, so you can last longer then you might think at first.

Cleaver works well for knocking off HP from the big creeps, and has netted me many kills against jungling Warwicks that I've run into when playing like this. In this sense, the Golem buff is actually more helpful then it might seem, as you can spam more Masochism and Cleaver with it.

Mad Rar

09-23-2009

don't forget you can cleaver low hp creeps for easy (and free) kills!

allistrom

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Totally agree with this build, but what I find more helpful after getting force of nature and triforce for my dps Mondo (still get force of nature because whats the point of dps if you die before you can kill 2 people at once...i like double kills what can i say...)is getting black cleaver and its gg i never try to go the crit route, but thats just because I usually get too pissed off about not criting when i need to and just like to rely on stable att dmg, that being said i am sure crits work wonders and will try them soon...

AI Assimilator

10-11-2009

mundo is the perfect champ for stacking 2 warmogs.

SkarFaith

10-13-2009

For a tank Mundo, I find frozen heart to be a nice item to get after the compulsory Warmog's and FoN and possibly atma's impaler.

Nowadays, the only heroes played (nearly) are Teemo, Twitch, Ashe and sometimes blitzcrank (resurrection for this hero after the successive nerfs). I have yet to play a game without at least 2 of them. Not to mention Gangplank who's also a favorite these days. Overall, a lot of physical damage based heroes. Despite the mana which is a waste for Mundo, the armor and attack speed reduction help a lot. Reduced CD's is icing on the cake.

Jothki

10-14-2009

How is The Brutalizer for Dr. Mundo? It seems to be one of the few cooldown reduction items that doesn't have other stats that are worthless for him.

Play

10-14-2009

I've experimented with cooldown reduction quite a bit on Mundo and I came to a final conclusion that most of the time it's not as helpful as it may seem. Yes, it may allow you to spam cleaver even more than you already are able to, but in actual gameplay there are few opportunities where these fractions of a second are useful. While it may seem like you are constantly spamming cleaver, I'd be willing to guess that it sits there off cooldown for at least half a second between most throws. Same can be said for Masochism, while it is likely that you are constantly spamming this skill, it is less likely that you will be in face to face situations long enough to need that never ending Masochism provided by high cool down.

Jothki

10-14-2009

I'm more concerned about the long cooldown for Sadism. Six seconds can be the difference between life and death if you're under attack.