Attack Damage Nidalee?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mojoman

07-23-2010

For random cougar ganking?
Any help on guides that don't sound like: "First, do this. Then do that and makwe sure u have thse" but more like "I usually do this, because it works well"

Thigmonasty

07-23-2010

I usually go AP because it works well............................

your cougar abilities are based on magic damage...cept take down, but if you have lichbane that doesnt really matter

as for ganking, spear from a distance R >Q>W>E or spear from a distance, let them run back to tower, you run around spear again and go in with cougar. That gets so many kills

ifflejink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2010

I used to use Fjall's guide, but it looks like that got taken down. Here's the gist of it, though-

Start out with Doran's Ring- health for squishiness, AP mainly for heal and mana regen. This allows you to heal and harass with your normal attack. You won't use your spear a lot in this build, since it just costs mana that you'd use for heal.

After that, get boots. Merc Treads are good, but Nidalee isn't all that reliant on boots due to her cougar form so you can wait on upgrading.

At this point, things are pretty nebulous. You'll want to get Sheen, Brutalizer (eventually in to Ghostblade) and Guinsoo's Rageblade. I often get the Brutalizer just because I like harassing in human form, but Sheen is incredibly valuable for its burst- you can proc it for just about every hit you make when you're in cougar form. Rageblade is a solid item with great stats, plus you can keep it at 8 stacks perpetually. It is a little more expensive than the other items, though, so I usually get it a bit later.

After all of that, Frozen Mallet is what I usually go for, but it's really up to you depending on team composition. Any solid survivability item would be a big help.

For runes, I can't give a definite answer. I run armor pen marks, dodge seals, cooldown glyphs and armor pen quints. Again, though, this is flexible. The armor pen help you out a great deal, since you're an AD build and, as far as I know, armor pen affects Sheen. The dodge seals stack with the extra dodge you get in cougar form to make you a very slippery target. The cooldown glyphs are solid, but not essential.

Masteries and summoner skills:

Personally, I prefer 21 indefensive just because Nidalee, while have great escape mechanisms, is extremely squishy. Also, the dodge runes I have and her cougar dodge bonus synergizes with the dodge masteries. Her damage, especially after Sheen and Rageblade, is typically high enough that she doesn't need a boost. After that, 9 in to offense is usually good. However, since you are more gank-focused, I'd go 21 offense, 9 defense so you get the extra damage and still get the dodge bonus.

I usually take Cleanse and Ignite, but this is very flexible. Cleanse helps further to shore up Nid's squishiness- you can't use your escape if you're stunned- and Ignite just helps get kills, especially early on. This doesn't make or break her, though. Ghost, I find, is pretty redundant with pounce already there.

Gameplay/Skilling:
You'll want to start out with your heal, as it's invaluable in early ganks (I tend to play a lot of Treeline), healing and adding on attack speed. After that, prioritize R>E>W>Q. W is extremely practical, although placement takes practice. In this build, Q usually only ends up being a mana sink, although I have finished off runners with it.

You'll do best in small skirmishes or 1v1 on unsuspecting squishies. Just hit Q W E and get an attack in, and you've got a hell of a lot of damage coming out. You can chase them amazingly well, too, although don't get cocky and overextend. In team fights, you've got less utility since any team will focus you down if you're in cougar, so stay in the back attacking and healing until a good opportunity arises.

Thigmonasty

07-23-2010

If you havnt tried AP on her, then I suggest you should. Ive tried the dude above me way many times....but AP works better for me. and as for harassing with brutalizer? who the heck that plays a good Nid is harassing once they get 6???? go out there and gank fool

An AP spear at full range (bush shot, or you are just awesome at aiming) is nothing to joke about. 1/3 -1/2 HP in one hit? yes please

in cougar, you can take squishies out in .5 sec if you hit them with a spear, or 1.5 sec if you miss.

Ap is much better late game as well for the INSANE heals you can put out, 1.25 ratio for ap

If my team doesnt really suck I always end up with a very positive record..if they do suck, still positive.

just remember to always have trap on CD <--- best piece of advice you can get for either build