[RP-Sanc] A Demon in Piltover

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

This is a sanctioned RP. For more details on this, please visit this link.

Hello everyone!

Welcome to A Demon in Piltover. This is a sanctioned RP and the next phase in beta testing my Defender's profiles system I'm working on. However, I'm honestly excited for the stories and ideas that have been swirling around in my head for this.

This will be similar to some of the official RPs, where we start open and moved to closed based on involvement and who I believe will help the story succeed.

Currently, we are in the open RP phase, so feel free to join in. Make sure to post the link to your approved profile (The more profiles I have the faster I get the system in good working shape). If you don't have an approved profile now, but you plan to get one, you can RP now and finish your profile later.

I will be the DM for this, however I will also be playing my character as a role. While he will be 'important' but I don't intend him to do very much except allow me an inlet for the story and some specific twists when we need. This RP will not be epic in length, it will have a definite opening, middle and end. I am ball parking it to 50 pages.

Here is the opening prompt to what is going on:

Quote:
The World Exhibition is being held in Piltover this year and citizens from around valoran have came. The entire city has been accommodated to hold this fair and exhibits are set up all around town. As well, the local fair is set up on the outskirts of town to help pull some of the pressure off from the main event.

The streets are alive and interesting demonstrations are taking place constantly. However, dark workings are happening in the shadows and they intend to take effect before the event is over.
Roleplay your character in Piltover and feel free to engage with each other. I will be throwing in little plot twists during this open RP phase. At a certain mark, I will ask everyone to make their way to a 'meeting point' where all of the characters will come together and this will be when we close off. Be prepared to have something either stolen, or some other excuse which will require you to travel.

From there we will go on and our story may include (but is not limited to):
A kidnapping
A secret plot
An epic battle
A little romance
Hidden messages
Time for snacks and pleasantries

From this open RP part, I need to be able to figure out what role you want to play in this story (even if that means telling me in OOC).

Please follow common RP courtesy. Brackets for OOC, as well.

Thanks and hopefully we can make this an amazing story
Poruku
Ionian Defender

PS URLs are currently having a fit :/ Please hold on while the forums are fixed.

Summary

So far a mandrake has has rampaged the fair.

Check out page 4 for the appearance of the mysterious children.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

A demonstration was going on in a large park within Piltover. A stage was set and a man was walking around and typing things into computers, while a very large blanket covered his centre piece on the stage. People began to gather around.

Poruku

10-06-2011

The scientist announced that he had created a ravenous growth serum. He started a question session while the demonstration was 'preparing itself'. As the crowd gathered around the blanketed figure, the scientist noticed and began to shoo them away.

A maniacal laughter went through the stage but no one noticed while they were being shooed away.

1Eredale

10-06-2011

(( http://thelolfansite.com/forum/17-ch...eswalker-magus Hello there. I will be using Lutecia in here too, so look her up on Shurelias because I haven't wrote a profile on the other site for her yet. So, let's see how this goes with my timezone, which is horribly off from the US. ))

A seren turquoise glow; the disappearing planar travel patterns, somewhat resembling the common summoning ones; the summoning wind, quickly restricted by the appearing person. Eredale gathered the ambient mana which appeared along with him, and took a deep breath.

"Gosh, I can't imagine I missed this place so much. Come out, Lute, and let's hurry - as noisy as Piltover gets, today seems a bit over the top, don't you think?"

The planeswalker's words were followed by a sliding sound; his bag opened, and a grimoire flew out, springing its cover open. Its pages bursted out, reshaping almost instantly into a human form. The girl automatically raised her hand to flip a lock of hair off her eye, but it moved out of the way itself.

"Come. We've got quite a few places to visit today." - Eredale smiled, and lead the way out of the alley, putting the hood of his summoner's robe on. "You look gorgeous by the way. Playing around with picture books again?"

Lutecia didn't answer. Her cheeks revealed square page corners for a brief moment, and gained a pink tint. The planeswalker grinned.

"If you want to bring something back, don't be shy. We'll be visiting gift shops too, of all places. I have to bring her a present, so pick something for yourself as well, and don't be gloomy. You're my assistant, and so I want you to shine today. Got it? Now let's go. The bank won't wait, and so wouldn't Ezreal."

The girl smiled a little, and nodded, as the two made their way out of the alley, mixing with the crowd at once.

Poruku

10-06-2011

(( I don't think timezones will be much of a problem, imo. We won't leave you behind. EDIT: I'm currently doing a lot of work with the profiles now, if you want help with yours, I can, but some stuff may be prone to changes.))

Ovalusc1

10-06-2011

((http://thelolfansite.com/forum/17-ch...e-trimage#1420))
Melzemar was walking through Piltover, looking for his apprentice.
"Where has he run off to now?" He mumbled, having no way to search for him other than looking through the city, "Sometimes I think I should just put that boy on a leash."
((Melzemar (and Vintath when I make his profile) will join in when stuff starts to happen))

YamiBelgarath

10-06-2011

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1084 Not official by any standards I know, I'd love edits on it and to get Yelgrath more involved in...everything.))
Yelgrath floated in the sky, trying to take some time off work to relax. His life had been a little too crazy recently, trying to hold weather patterns together- freak energy surges, such as those released by the Magus Ascendant, caused havic. Somehow he doubted the entirety of Runeterra wanted a century of drought. As he relaxed, floating in some comfy clouds over Piltover, a whisp of wind brought a faint laughter to his ears. Normally, laughter wasn't an issue- but this was a bit odder than usual. He shrugged, preparing to dive down to surface level. He doubted that it was anything major, but he had suddenly developed a craving for Piltover cupcakes.

Necromonger

10-06-2011

http://thelolfansite.com/forum/17-ch...ion-death#1382

Though Piltover and Zaun were not on the best of terms, there were a few individuals that proved to be ethical enough (or could pass as being ethical) to be accepted to the world's fair. Ensuring that he brought fully functioning human employees, The Machinist's stall was finished setting up, and had quite a few commercial tools on display.

Food processing machines for the household, tool kits, machine pets, floating maps and a few relatively safe chemicals were on display for demonstration, and the Machinist made sure to appear decent. His employees - young and female interns - demonstrated devices to onlookers. Out of all of them though, Cassandra's beauty stood out, attracting many young male techies. She had dressed in civilan attire with a labcoat, and even wore glasses. A totally different woman.

Cassandra happily demonstrated a hextech drill to them, when she noticed Eredale passed by... hopefully he didn't recognize her. The Vermilion mutagen had a particular effect on a woman's body, one visually noticable- incredible beauty, distinctive and almost distracting.

Poruku

10-06-2011

(( This is the 'climax point' of a few of the small plot things I will do during the open RP. Join in if you're interested, there will be more, though. ))

At last the scientist calmed the audience and managed them off the stage, he had finish preparing his entire demonstration. Within the audience was Poruku, excited to see what was about to happen. The lights were dimmed on the covered stage and a spotlight put onto the blanketed surface.

The scientist made his final rounds and walked towards the cover, hand extended. Just before he could grab it, the whatever was underneath let out a small screech. The crowd jumped for the second and the scientist looked amused.

"And now, everyone... Time to begin the demonstration." He flung the cover off and underneath was a small but ugly mandrake. "My serum will give this being accelerated growth and give us a full grown tree." Had he realized the plant was a mandrake? And not just a regular tree?

He pulled a very dull yellow colored mixture, kept in a stopped vial from his jacket. Like almost from a cartoon, he slowly dripped it onto the plant. The moment of truth. The mix landed onto the soil which the mandrake was kept in and magically seeped towards the plants roots.

It began to grow, and grow. Just like the scientist had said. He stood off to the side and it grew and watched in magnificence. The crowd was utterly surprised. Until it began to yell, the pitch grew worse and worse until it had suddenly snapped. The audience started to flee in a panic at the fright of the sound returning. The mandrake was easily twice the size of the scientist now and began to start a rampage.

Necromonger

10-06-2011

Watching the demonstration go horribly wrong, The Machinist orders his staff to leave. Cassandra went behind the stall's table and took out her chain saber, while removing her lab coat and glasses.

"Father, I'll need something to draw its attention." Cassandra said, tying the straps on her boots. She had not expected to see combat in Piltover, but this was welcome nonetheless.

"I. was. thinking. the. same." The machinist spoke, his voice mechanical and synthetic. He had assembled a firebomb with the chemicals and devices on display, and hands it to Cassandra. "Be. careful. child."

"Alright. Stay safe." Cassandra got within forty feet of the creature and tossed the incendiary device at it- It would need to be distracted then brought out in the open to minimize damage. Last she recalls, plant creatures disliked being set on fire.

"Hey ugly! Catch!" She yelled as the incendiary flew. She'd need only land the bomb on it, and it would notice her.

12345 ... 11