What do you think of this guide?

It was fantastic- no changes needed 1 16.67%
It was good- requires minor change 3 50.00%
It was bad- needs huge changes 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

{GUIDE} Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timmoo

06-09-2010

Ok so I've read a few master yi guides but they are old and are not up to date with all the new patches and items. This is how i build him.

Abilities:

1. Wuju style
  2. Alpha strike
  3. Wuju Style
  4. Alpha strike
  5. Wuju style
  6. Highlander
  7. Wuju style
  8. Meditate
  9. Wuju style
  10. Alpha strike
  11. Highlander
  12. Alpha strike
  13. Alpha strike
  14. Meditate
  15. Meditate
  16. Highlander
  17. Meditate
  18. Meditate
I like to get wuju style at the start because of the high damage which gives me great early kill capability. With my runes and masteries i can hit 90-100s at level 1 when wuju is activated.

Runes:

Seals- atk speed
Marks- armor penetration
Glyphs-atk speed
Quintessences-armor penetration

With these runes you have decent atk speed at lvl 1 and the armor penetration makes you hurt early and late game.

Masteries: Offensive Utility
lvl1 Crit chance3/3, exhaust 1/1 hp+mana regen3/3,-time dead1/1
lvl2 atk speed4/4, reduce CD's 3/4 +exp gain 4/4
lvl3 armor pen3/3 + neutral duration 1/3
lvl4 atk dmg 3/3
lvl5 crit dmg 3/3
lvl6 atk+spell dmg 1/1

These masteries are good for yi because of the dmg, armor pen and atk speed.

Items:
  1. Vampiric Scepter
  2. Berzerkers Greves
  3. Long Sword => Recurve Bow =>Last Whisperer
  4. Long Swordx2 => Brutalizer => Youmuu's Ghostblade
  5. Zeal => Phantom Dancer
  6. B.F. Sword => Infinity Edge
  7. Sell Last Whisperer => Phantom Dancer
  8. Upgrade Vampiric Scepter => Bloodthirster
I like this build because it gives 96% crit chance when completed and high damage and atk speed. It takes a lot of gold but can be completed.

Spells:

Exhaust- This one is almost required for yi, When you use this with his ul. wuju style, and youmuu, you will have max atk speed and be able to eal massive dmg in a short amount of time.

The 2nd spell is up to you but i take ignite to finish off people who get out of range or who are near death.

Well that concludes my guide. Please leave comments and thoughts. To all the yi's out there... have fun ripping the enemy to shreds!

xahhfink6

06-09-2010

First of all you don't have cleanse which is an auto t-down and a queue dodge if I saw you in game...

Vampiric scepter is a bad starting item, ESPECIALLY on a melee character who cannot reliably autoattack in lane... and your build has too much attack speed not enough attack damage, generally last whisper + youmu's is more than enough attack speed, especially with your ult... if you want it to go any higher just get a green elixer. Anyways, last whisper will increase your damage by far more than a phantom dancer, so it would be silly to sell one for the other.

As far as your runes, secondary runes are generally not worth it, I feel that you would be much better off with some dodge seals or mp/5/level seals and some cooldown or MR/level glyphs

timmoo

06-09-2010

That is true although the build works very well for me because I have max atk speed and high run speed speed and a guaranteed crit.

Deathlash

06-09-2010

[QUOTE=xahhfink6;1534268]First of all you don't have cleanse which is an auto t-down and a queue dodge if I saw you in game...

ya, but yi's ult already cleanses him in the first place

Cyst

06-09-2010

AD yi is useless play a real yi ap

Leirkov

06-09-2010

^ <3 AP Yi.

- Berserker Greaves are trash. Highlander will make you live.
- I disagree with your runes. Armor pen + dodge + HP is what Yi needs, IMO.
- Last Whisper and Yomuu's in the same build = no. One or the other, Yomuu's is a free Highlander while on cooldown.
- Switch the order of Infinity + Phantom Dancer, IMO. Damage will come more importantly first. Most carries should get IE before the other big gun items.

Just my two cents.

Captain Shin

06-09-2010

Bah, it's bloody amazing how these Yi guides keep popping up... when was it that i made mine? I'm pretty sure that was less than 48 hours ago...
Ahum, anyway, I am generally assuming you get your lane staying power from having lifesteal and maxed Wuju - I'm also assuming that's how you farm your last hits - Which all-together, is pretty smart, albeit a bit risky. The big merit is how it allows you to completely munch people down if they are having a bad early game. However...
1. No Cleanse on an AD Yi - that's not going to work. Not without Banshee/Quicksilver or something. Getting Exhausted for the Duration of highlander is not cool. Trust me, it happened to me once. At the very least, Get SotD.
2. The whole concept of Pure AD based damage used to be Flawed; Every new item breaks it more - Randuin's Omen will give whoever has it Armor running in the 200s - as a glass cannon AD champ, if you fail to kill them within 3-4 seconds, you run the risk of becoming the infamous Feeder Yi. That's not even mentioning stuff like spell vamp that potentially allow Nukers to trade blows with you.
3. A team of thornmail breaks you. Hard.
4. It's a do or die build - if you run out of mana before everything is dead, you run the risk of getting slaughtered.
5. LoL isn't DotA - EHP is name of the game here, rather than raw HP - If you want to maximise damage, you need to maximise Effective damage, and balancing Madreds/SotD with Armor Pen/Lifesteal is how you do that.
6. The revamped Meditate makes of Yi a VERY EFFECTIVE nuke bait, as long as you have enough HP to survive the burst on meditate - Getting a little bit of durability [read, randuin/mallet] will allow you to sponge a bazillion damage, and laugh at your historical enemies [Ryze for example].
7. I'm pretty confident you go beyond the 2.5 Attack wall with Highlander/Youmu, which is an excess ASP you should substitute for more damage [as someone pointed].

There are a couple of Yi guides out there - I actually wrote two of them within the past two days, you might want to have a look [they should be somewhere in page 3-4... christ people start waaaaayyyy too many threads in this forum]