Cryo Flash Frost Inconsistentcy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evernight

09-21-2009

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I have been seeing alot more of this since the recent patch. The projectile of Flashfrost will travel THROUGH the target and I will cast explode the projectile just past the target, but the "first" instance of the damage does not occur.

Its easiest to see on ranged minions and you can cast the explode and it wont deal the "pass through" instance of damage even though the projectile is just on the farside of the minion.

I am playing with a latency of about 30 ms and a frame rate of 60+ (capped) so I know I am not lagging here. From what I see I think the instance of damage from the pass through is actually behind the projectile itself... like the back end or even a bit further.

Riot please take a look at this and please put the damage instance at the front or near the front of the projectile so I can cast FF more naturally... you already nerfed the AOE of the explosion so that if I let it go so far as to waiting for the first dmg numbers to come up its almost too late to get explosion dmg.

Anyone else play Cryo enough to notice this???

feardragon

09-21-2009

I thought you had to press the spell twice. Once to actually send the projectile and one more time to actually make it explode. Doesn't it say that in the skill description?

Evernight

09-21-2009

Yeah it does... I am saying that there is a section somewhere between the projectile and the actual damage point (before you even explode it)

There are two instances of dmg: The pass through and the explosion... the explosion is easy; its getting the pass through damage done before the explosion that takes skill.... and it seems like the graphic of the projectile doesnt match up with the damage point.

tiDdelz

09-21-2009

I have noticed this same sort of thing happening a lot.

Shillen

09-21-2009

I notice this as well. If I want to kill the ranged creeps in the back line I have to let it get well past them before exploding it in order to kill them.

feardragon

09-21-2009

Ah I see now. Well an alternative to your suggestion might be, instead of making it explode in front of the place you wanted it to explode at, why not make it explode where it does, and just have the projectile travel a "little" bit further? Just a thought as that would make it more intuitive to aim since new users might get confused that it's exploding in front of where they were trying to get it to explode.

Evernight

09-21-2009

No fear dragon it DOES explode where I want it to.... to doesn't deal pass through damage where I want it to because it doesn't deal the damage where the graphic projectile is... it deals damage just behind the graphic projectile. Go test it and you will see what I am talking about. The explosion will happen BEHIND the target where the little ball is but I will still only get the one instance of damage. That isn't right

feardragon

09-21-2009

No I'm suggesting a solution alternative to yours. You were suggesting in your opening post that you make the explosion happen in FRONT of the projectile so that the pass through and the explosion both hit. I'm suggesting instead of making the ball explode in front of the projectile, just have the projectile travel for a quarter of a second after the ball explodes.

So basically, it explodes where you want it to(where the little ball is) AND it deals the pass through damage. The explosion just hits before the pass through damage. The reason I'm suggesting this is because your suggestion seems to make the ball explode in front of where the actual graphic is(correct me if I'm wrong). That seems like new players might find that confusing.

Evernight

09-21-2009

That wasn't my suggestion at all - my suggestion was to put the "pass through" damage instance at the front of the ball... not the explosion instance. That wouldn't make sense.

I am not suggesting anything radical or "ease of use" at all.. just a correction to what seems like a graphically inconsistent spell... intuitively the damage should happen as the projectile enters or is in the target.... not a couple feet behind it. You misread my original post - this has nothing to do with the explosion damage or the explosion itself... the problem lies with the damaging projectile.

feardragon

09-21-2009

Ah fair enough. My fault, I was mis-understanding what you were saying. Please continue. =]