Best ranged carry?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Albatross

06-09-2010

I'm sure this question has been asked before but atm I don't have time to search for it (I'm leaving for work momentarily).

Essentially the title explains my question. What are the best ranged carries and why?

Currently I have been using Tristana but I'm not sure if I should check out the other carries. Is she a viable ranged carry?

xahhfink6

06-09-2010

When I was just starting, I loved tristana... she is a very solid ranged carry and still viable... ashe is often considered a great ranged carry because she has a stun that helps the team... other than that Twitch is a powerful carry but has a very different playstyle than many others, focusing on positioning and ganking.

If you like skill shots, AD ezreal is one of the most powerful physical carries, especially with his recent buff.

Tristana is powerful throughout the game, but other options in ranged carries include Sivir who has a very powerful early game and a lot of pushing potential, but strongly tapers off late game into a support role, and corki who is uncomparably the strongest ranged dps character but has a weak early and mid game (he is also likely the hardest character in the game to master)

I haven't played Twisted fate but he is a very powerful ranged dps, has a stun, and adds team utility...

Try to avoid teemo, he can be a carry but is generally outclassed by all of the above

Carados

06-09-2010

Ashe is the safest for any given game, pretty much the other choices rely on team compisition.

Leirkov

06-09-2010

Ashe is trash. Not to say that in a really bad way, but let's be honest. Cleanse > Ashe. Tristana can leap over walls instantly and get away from danger, slow 3 champions at once and pull out 1.7attacks/sec while shooting out nearly 400 damage (not counting in crits).

Tristana can easily be seen as an advantage over Ashe. A lot more versatile, too. IMO.

EchoRex

06-09-2010

Ezreal, Tristana, and Corki are strong ranged champions. Ezreal has tremendous damage output with Lichbane Hybrid builds. Tristana is great when built near pure AD, rather "meh" if AS stacked. Corki benefits rather well from the hybrid items and TriForce or Lichbane depending on how hybrid you build.

Ashe is a bit "meh" outside of supporting other lanes with ECA during the majority of most games. That support is a very good reason to use her, as she progresses into being a good Carry late game from being an ECA Stun and Volley Snare bot early and mid game.
_

Leirkov

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Ezreal, Tristana, and Corki are strong ranged champions. Ezreal has tremendous damage output with Lichbane Hybrid builds. Tristana is great when built near pure AD, rather "meh" if AS stacked. Corki benefits rather well from the hybrid items and TriForce or Lichbane depending on how hybrid you build.

Ashe is a bit "meh" outside of supporting other lanes with ECA during the majority of most games. That support is a very good reason to use her, as she progresses into being a good Carry late game from being an ECA Stun and Volley Snare bot early and mid game.
_
If anyone builds AS Tristana, they better fall off a bridge and land in a pit of fire. Seriously. 90% speed gets you over 1.5attacks/sec. It'd be downright ridiculous to build AS.

I've seen AD Ezreals lately, they've been pissing me off a lot. I agree, Ezreal is a strong champion, but he really loses his groove at the end of the game.

Sunaka

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post

_
As good as Corki is, you never see him because he's extremely difficult.

Maybe why he's 6300 IP?

...maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
If anyone builds AS Tristana, they better fall off a bridge and land in a pit of fire. Seriously. 90% speed gets you over 1.5attacks/sec. It'd be downright ridiculous to build AS.

I've seen AD Ezreals lately, they've been pissing me off a lot. I agree, Ezreal is a strong champion, but he really loses his groove at the end of the game.
Exceptions to this include phantom dancer / last whisper. AFTER infinity edge, of course.

xDiamantx

06-09-2010

Tristana rapes face with a combo of last whisper, infinity's edge, and Frozen Mallet, if the opposing team has built more hp a madred's bloodrazor tears them apart.

cat beater

06-09-2010

I'd say twisted fate. Has a slow, AOE, stun, skill shot, 1.5 second teleport to anywhere on the map, reveales all enemies, and not to mention 180+ magic damage every 4th hit.

It all depends on the build and how fed you are, but overall I tend to do better end game with TF than with trist/ashe and other ranged carries.

KarmaBites

06-09-2010

Sivir can be absolutely overpowered in a push team. She stacks damage and takes advantage of the buffs provided by other champions spells and aura items.

Jana's shield + Aegis + Stark's + Taric's Ult + Nidalee or Ezreal's attack speed buff + the ability for her attacks to bounce = Pain.

12345 ... 9