Xin nerfed, but Akali remains in her current state?

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FroPeeder

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesTheCat View Post
Sigh. These Akali threads are boring and old. Shut the **** up and buy an oracles.
well, if xin zhao is 1 on the scale of 1-10 in difficulty and akali is a 2-3 on the same scale, don't you think xin zhao should be able to do lots more damage rather a small fraction of it.

Jashiro

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalgorn View Post
Big difference between the 2 champions.

1. Akali falls over and dies if your team even glances in her direction. Xin however, is rather tanky.

2. Akali is heavily reliant upon her cooldowns to blow you up. She spends herself in 2 seconds then has to wait. Xin can also blow all his cooldowns for big dmg, the difference is that Xin's autoattack's come alot faster, and alot harder, and also lower his cooldowns.

3. Akali is an assassin, Xin is a melee dps....do you seriously not know the difference?
1. Xin is not really tanky, just because his ultimate gives him a situational armor/mr does not mean he is tanky. His health at 18, may be better then Akali though I'd have to do research.
Although, in a realistic game when are you ever going to sweep 5 opponents with your low range ultimate? Yeah, exactly.

2. I can say the same about Xin Zhao... his W was 10 seconds release but is now 5 seconds active. I can say that's fine but Xin Zhao does not do "BIG DAMAGE" if you compare it to Akali's damage. So what if battle cry lowers his cool downs? All he gains is a nerfed knockup that does a pitiful amount of bonus damage and a weak slow.

3. Also, Xin is labeled as an assassin for a reason. Melee DPS can be assassins too.
See: Nocturne

RenegadeRabbit

10-05-2011

Akali and Xin were rather different in their problematic pub stompings. Akali does really high burst damage where as Xin would chain slow the **** out of people and deal high sustained damage. How Riot declares one is more problematic than the other I'm not sure but I really dont agree with Xin's nerf, he was pretty bad at everything other than pubstomping.

PriorityOne

10-05-2011

Xin's problem is two-fold. One is that he's an assassin with both a hard CC and a soft CC as well as built-in CDR reduction. The other is that he's a DPS assassin.

If his kit is good then he can acquire ASPD/CDR and lock someone down unbelievably hard which ends with lower elo dominance where team play is much weaker. If his kit is not good then he needs all that ASPD/CDR just to be okay and is bad without it which is where we are today.

On top of that, he is a non-burst assassin. He has to stand there hitting someone to kill them. That's great early game, but not so great lategame. If he can't stand there long enough and just dies without doing anything then he's labeled useless. If he can stand there long enough to kill someone then everyone screams "OMG TANKY DPS OP." See: Irelia. At her peak, she was everything Xin Zhao wished he could be, but then got nerfed. The only difference is that she is sort of a hybird DPS, hybrid burst champion so she's in a bit better position than Xin Zhao.

Overall, I think Xin Zhao's is a fundamentally flawed design. I'm just not sure how to fix him.

Archdeacon

10-05-2011

I think comparing Xin to Akali is kind of bad. Xin would be FAR more comparable to Nocturne, as their functionality and purpose are very close. Whereas Akali is the polar opposite in everything but role tag.

Xin compared to Nocturne still needs some love, but it puts his strength back into proper perspective, and it's not quite as gloomy.

Hugs From Momma

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
Overall, I think Xin Zhao's is a fundamentally flawed design. I'm just not sure how to fix him.
E can dash to target location.

CD reduced to 10 seconds at max rank.

There, he's an assassin with an escape.

Amnesa

10-05-2011

Akali is fine ****, wtf is with people saying she is OP

Hugs From Momma

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesa View Post
Akali is fine ****, wtf is with people saying she is OP
Voyboy going 25-1 with her on the way to 2000 ELO?

Verise

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
Voyboy going 25-1 with her on the way to 2000 ELO?
Pro player pubstomps his way through bads to 2k elo, news at 11.

Pretty sure there was this thing called ELO reset?

When he keeps that same score now at his 2k range, then we'll talk.

Lairai

10-05-2011

******s stop qqing about Akali already please.

123456 ... 11