Xin nerfed, but Akali remains in her current state?

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jashiro

10-05-2011

Why is Akali in her current state where as Xin was nerfed several times (obviously not including release xin nerfs) because of his pub-stomping ability?

Riot nerfed Xin Zhao with a very weak reason "Oh, he pubstomps low ELO we're nerfing him further" Oh okay, like Akali does not pubstomp low-ELO at the same time very VIABLE are high-ELO.

Let's see, his ultimate was nerfed, his dash, with a soft slow and his knock up duration?
I'm sure there are a few others that I missed, but isn't Akali viable in high-ELO with insane snow-balling ability; where as Xin wasn't viable in high elo. Yet, he still was nerfed.

I'm not saying that Akali should be nerfed... but what makes Xin different from Akali? They're both assassins, and Xin was nerfed purely because of his insane damage release. After that, he continued to receive nerfs. Also, Xin Zhao's ultimate may give him MR and Armor, but Akali's shroud also gives her armor and magic resist.

Riot, I think it's time to at least revert the last set of Xin nerfs.

*1.5 second slow -> 1.75 slow
*Knock-up duration slightly increased.

TL;DR - Xin Zhao feels very outclassed and needs some minor tweaks.

EDIT: Threads that relate to Xin Zhao. Support our Demacian! For Demacia!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1157450

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post13198745

EDIT 2: Xin Zhao should not have Akali's damage but he needs some damage and utility back. Utility -> Revert last set of nerfs, longer slow duration.
Damage -> Crescent sweep 15% -> 20%

Saviour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

I agree.

Ezi

10-05-2011

Sigh. These Akali threads are boring and old. Shut the **** up and buy an oracles.

ElectiveAmnesia

10-05-2011

Agreed, Akali should be able to assassinate squishies, not blow up 50% health off a tanky DPS with 1 combo.

Jashiro

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesTheCat View Post
Sigh. These Akali threads are boring and old. Shut the **** up and buy an oracles.
Read my original post please. NO WHERE was I complaining about Akali being overpowered, rather the point I am trying to prove is that Xin Zhao's damage is REALLY minimal compared to Akali's damage and he feels very outclassed. Therefore his last set of nerfs, should AT LEAST be reversed.

EDIT: Also, have you been hit by Akali's Q+R combo at level 6? It hits like a truck and Xin Zhao has to get 3 hits off before he can knock up; combined with his WEAK 1.5 second slow it's very difficult to accomplish this w/o boots and 3 health pots for starting items.

Ergheis

10-05-2011

Im glad that most of these "Xin nerfed, but why not Akali" are about buffing Xin, not nerfing Akali.

Glad you guys have things right, at least.

Jashiro

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergheis View Post
Im glad that most of these "Xin nerfed, but why not Akali" are about buffing Xin, not nerfing Akali.

Glad you guys have things right, at least.
Yes, this thread is mainly about their damage, Akali out classes Xin Zhao in many ways yet Xin was nerfed for his damage. Compared to Akali, his damage is nothing. Therefore, I am proposing that they at least revert the last set of Xin Zhao nerfs or give him something to compensate; because right now he isn't viable in high-ELO and is outclassed by other assassins in many ways.
For example, once xin uses "Audacious charge" into a fight there is no escape. He fights until he dies, he has no natural escape. Unlike akali where she has shroud and talon has a movespeed boost stealth.

Bimbley

10-05-2011

Akali doesn't need nerfs, she's just very strong and a great pubstomper. Just wanted to clear that up.

But Xin now blows. I played Xin after his ridiculous release, and he was balanced. Very slightly underpowered if anything, really. He had potential to do damage, and do it fast, but was either dieing right after a kill, flashing out, or building tanky and not getting kills in the first place.

Battle cry was 7 seconds long. That's a really big one. 2 seconds less of that meant 4 less attacks/4 seconds less cooldown reduced with the old Xin build. It killed it, to say the least.

His E slow should never have been nerfed after release nerfs. Neither should his R. 20% current + 300 at rank 3 in physical was perfectly fine.

Riot's justification for the nerfs was "too good at lower Elos".

Better nerf Twitch.

Better nerf Irelia(huehuehue it would've happened anyways!).

Better nerf Fiddlesticks.

Better nerf Leblanc.

Better nerf half the champions in the freaking game.

And yet they chose Xin.

He was fine after release nerfs. It was 1 nerf.

He has received at least 6 nerfs total. No need, Riot. No need.

Zalgorn

10-05-2011

Big difference between the 2 champions.

1. Akali falls over and dies if your team even glances in her direction. Xin however, is rather tanky.

2. Akali is heavily reliant upon her cooldowns to blow you up. She spends herself in 2 seconds then has to wait. Xin can also blow all his cooldowns for big dmg, the difference is that Xin's autoattack's come alot faster, and alot harder, and also lower his cooldowns.

3. Akali is an assassin, Xin is a melee dps....do you seriously not know the difference?

4. None of the forum babies cried about akali until dominion. You cannot nerf a champion based upon a single map, otherwise we'll have yet another mundo who's now useless all across the board. MR goes a long way, stop going full glass cannon and akali loses alot of her punch.

Jashiro

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhunt57 View Post
Akali doesn't need nerfs, she's just very strong and a great pubstomper. Just wanted to clear that up.

But Xin now blows. I played Xin after his ridiculous release, and he was balanced. Very slightly underpowered if anything, really. He had potential to do damage, and do it fast, but was either dieing right after a kill, flashing out, or building tanky and not getting kills in the first place.

Battle cry was 7 seconds long. That's a really big one. 2 seconds less of that meant 4 less attacks/4 seconds less cooldown reduced with the old Xin build. It killed it, to say the least.

His E slow should never have been nerfed after release nerfs. Neither should his R. 20% current + 300 at rank 3 in physical was perfectly fine.

Riot's justification for the nerfs was "too good at lower Elos".

Better nerf Twitch.

Better nerf Irelia(huehuehue it would've happened anyways!).

Better nerf Fiddlesticks.

Better nerf Leblanc.

Better nerf half the champions in the freaking game.

And yet they chose Xin.

He was fine after release nerfs. It was 1 nerf.

He has received at least 6 nerfs total. No need, Riot. No need.
Thanks for your post, I agree. Apparently Xin's nerfs was because he was too good at low-ELO yet I thought they balanced for tournies/ high ELO. I agree his ultimate was fine at 20% + 300 base health at rank 3.
Xin Zhao is REALLY closed to balanced atm, but a lot more on the under powered side. Therefore, I am proposing to revert his last nerfs and maybe change his ult from 15% -> 20% again.

12345 ... 11