Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team caps 3 and goes for 5. We lose everything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XenoBreak

10-05-2011

I see your points sirs. I admit defeat... i just mad at the people who suck and have no idea how to play Dominion. Just last game it was like 10 to 10 and the Kayle on my team that was defending top decided to teleport back to base with full health/mana because he wanted items. As soon as he left, two people came in from the other team and capped it, resulting in our loss. My mind was blown

Magnus Fireblade

10-05-2011

Ok....i got tired of loosing teams.....so from now on i'll play arranged whenever posible.
Also i'm writing a guid for dominion, hope people read it before playing.
(7 arranged games, 4 1st places, 3 2nd and 1 loose and going up)
If all players cooperate in single (not premade) it becomes easy to win

temuchin

Recruiter

10-05-2011

Super noob mindset costs you more games than it wins.

It DEPENDS HEAVILY ON COMP. For the stupid, defending 3 nodes = at least 1 node has 1 defender. Even assuming the other team is as stupid and has 1 defender at each of their nodes it means 3v1 nonstop at one of your nodes. How many champs can hold off 3v1 (best case) or 5v1 (worst case) for long?

If you have an ideal comp, with Heimer to defend solo and GP, Noc, Pan ready to triple global go right ahead and turtle. Otherwise you gotta play the game with some tactics. Meaning you have to know where the enemy is, push to engage/tie them up in mid and backcap their vulnerable nodes.

Weirding

10-05-2011

Quote:
Ytinasni:
cap 3 and turtle, see how well that works for you.

It works great if your team is smart. You carefully push minion lanes while staying near your tower and keep two champions on roaming defense.

It's the best way to win.

Black Chris

10-05-2011

Quote:
Weirding:
It works great if your team is smart. You carefully push minion lanes while staying near your tower and keep two champions on roaming defense.

It's the best way to win.

tytytyty all this hate for the 3 cap defense. the problem is people will have 3 people at bot and leave 1 at wm. anyone with half a brain knows wm is far more strategically important than the cap they spawn behind.honestly if they have the 2 caps in front of ur spawn for more than 30 secs ur team is fail. and defending doesnt necessarily mean standing on ur cap. it can mean fortifying with shrooms, moderate roaming looking for stragglers or pushing waves back and sending promoted unit with it. ya if u all stand at a cap and wait for minions and champs to show up ur gonna die. minions shred turrets. thats not a good defense. as long as u keep people around windmill area that know how to hold a cap its really hard to lose. even if they take ur 2 ur right there to take it back or just take theirs recall heal then take urs also while they run to get theirs back. not the only strategy of course but definitely a viable and effective one.

fudgepackah

Recruiter

10-05-2011

i know. its so dumb. you will die. its inevitable

RealMithron

10-05-2011

I refuse to cap 3 and turtle simply because it's incredibly boring and I came to Dominion so I didn't have to be so passive and patient and could just always be aggressive.

So no. I will keep pushing when I can and always go for more points. I don't like inviting my enemies over for dinner.

fuxalt

10-05-2011

Holding 3 seems to be a standard strategy.

But it is useless when they decide to use 5 to cap one point.

rDean

10-05-2011

not going to lie capping 3 points and putting pressure on there 2 points or even 1 of there points is very effective, now they have to choose defend? or try to assault. also just because you are putting pressure on points and not defending your own does not mean you cant still watch your minimap and run back to points if needed

PVStar

10-05-2011

Simple minded people tend to get bored of defending and play overly aggressive, not a whole lot you can do.