Team caps 3 and goes for 5. We lose everything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XenoBreak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

STOP DOING THIS. Cap 3 then defend. Stop trying to cap everything. I want to say 90% of the games i have played where people try to cap more than 3 points, we lose.

Also stop chasing people around the middle of the map. Kills don't win this mode! Just make them run away from the turret and stay there. Why would you chase into what is most likely a trap or a distraction so someone can cap from behind?

So many games where we get the other team down to like 30 while having 120+ ourselves but still lose.

Yes i mad >:\

Ytinasni

10-05-2011

cap 3 and turtle, see how well that works for you.

XenoBreak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

It's worked for the other team every time i lose. We cap 3 then the rest of my team wanders off to try and cap the rest. They die then the other team proceeds to cap 3 and turtle to win. It's what happens for almost every loss i get.

Kythers

10-05-2011

Dunno, won a 4v5 when we were down 24 to like 150, we aced them, capped all and boss moded for like a minute

XenoBreak

10-05-2011

I imagine something like this might work? I might be wrong haha... i just whipped it up in paint.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8171/f8875200d57275a9894c09b.png

Guy on top and bottom and then the other three around those other spots just hanging out so they can quickly get to any point that needs help.

rumples

10-05-2011

there's a difference between going for a fourth point immediately after wm when you're all half dead, and doing it after aceing the enemy with no intent of defending the enemy points. Flat out saying don't go for more than 3 is craziness.

Ytinasni

10-05-2011

the cap 3 turtle plan is highly ineffective against a team with a brain as you have to defend 3 points with 5 players meaning your defensive options are 2-2-1 3-1-1 or 1-1-1+2 wanderers or 2-1-1+1 wanderer, now that leaves the other team in an advantageous position to assault -at the same time- up to 2 of your bases simultaneously leaving you with AT MOST 3 potential backup defenders or attackers to take their now lightly/undefended bases, unfortunately this also means that they will then likely converge on your remaining points then rush to retake their points causing an overall loss in points for you.

Tewnam

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytinasni View Post
the cap 3 turtle plan is highly ineffective against a team with a brain as you have to defend 3 points with 5 players meaning your defensive options are 2-2-1 3-1-1 or 1-1-1+2 wanderers or 2-1-1+1 wanderer, now that leaves the other team in an advantageous position to assault -at the same time- up to 2 of your bases simultaneously leaving you with AT MOST 3 potential backup defenders or attackers to take their now lightly/undefended bases, unfortunately this also means that they will then likely converge on your remaining points then rush to retake their points causing an overall loss in points for you.
Except in any case, the mid defender can shift over to help defend top or bottom well before the enemy could finish capping. Long enough for the people at the point not be attacked to take the next one along if the enemy doesn't leave any defenders. If your defenders at other points sit there and do nothing when the entire enemy team is on the map elsewhere, then you're not coordinating well.

dirtpoor

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoBreak View Post
STOP DOING THIS. Cap 3 then defend. Stop trying to cap everything. I want to say 90% of the games i have played where people try to cap more than 3 points, we lose.

Also stop chasing people around the middle of the map. Kills don't win this mode! Just make them run away from the turret and stay there. Why would you chase into what is most likely a trap or a distraction so someone can cap from behind?

So many games where we get the other team down to like 30 while having 120+ ourselves but still lose.

Yes i mad >:\
Just got out of a 3 NODE DEFENSE!! only team. Of course we listened and of course we lost. Just sitting at 3 nodes and waiting for the enemy will work if enemy is dumber than you. If you camp 3 nodes and majority of enemy team is smarter, they will smoke you out your bunkers and put the pressure on you.

The reason why your team fails when they are trying to juggle more than 3 turrets is because your just camping yoru ass on 1 node defense while they do all the moving. 3 cap isnt the only way to win brah. As a matter of fact its the easiest to get beaten. Play for 4 or 5 nodes. You'll have moments where you may only have 1 or 2 nodes damaging enemy while the other 3 are in a state of flux. But as long as you keep the enemy running to places instead of them leading you, you have the upper hand.

Ayestes

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoBreak View Post
I imagine something like this might work? I might be wrong haha... i just whipped it up in paint.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8171/f8875200d57275a9894c09b.png

Guy on top and bottom and then the other three around those other spots just hanging out so they can quickly get to any point that needs help.
Need to probably group up a little more, because getting caught alone in the jungle against 3 enemy champions means you are probably dead before your allies can reach you. When you are down a man on the team, your defense suffers quite a bit.