Chalice of Harmony

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blarfles

11-22-2009

People keep talking about how great an item this is, especially for mana dependant heroes.

I feel like a complete noob for bringing this up, but it seems incredibly weak to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Chalice of Harmony has a great passive benefit: you gain 1% of each 1% of your max MP you're missing (so, if you have 2000 max MP, and you're missing all of it, you'll regen 2 additional Mana that five seconds.)
Uhh... less than .5 mana per second because your missing a huge 2000 mana? The regen even gets weaker the more mana you have and is extraordinarily low anyways.

Someone care to clarify how this is a good item so I don't feel so retarded?

Barotix

11-22-2009

You would have to use it on a mana dependent champion, like Taric, to understand how important it is. I can't play Taric without a chalice.

Emrot

11-22-2009

It multiplies your base mana regen. If you have 10 mana/second regen, and you run yourself out of mana completely, you get 20 mana/second regen (until your mana goes above 0).

It's also very cheap and gives 40 magic resist. The magic resist is one of the biggest reasons to get the item.

Barotix

11-22-2009

Chalice + Another MR item is usually enough to mitigate most magic damage.

Blarfles

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrot View Post
It multiplies your base mana regen. If you have 10 mana/second regen, and you run yourself out of mana completely, you get 20 mana/second regen (until your mana goes above 0).

It's also very cheap and gives 40 magic resist. The magic resist is one of the biggest reasons to get the item.

I just played Taric and noticed it more than I thought. Regardless of that, now I understand how its good, didn't quite understand the passive. Thanks ^^

Dr Niles Aquatic

11-22-2009

No, it's like this. Let's say you have 20 mana regen per 5 seconds. If you lose 50% of you mana, your regen increases by 50%, so you'd have 30 per 5 (as 50% of 20 is 10). If you lose 100% of your mana, it doubles to 40 per 5.

EDIT: Didn't see the post above me, but I suppose this is still a good summary.

Pieceofcandy

11-22-2009

1% of 2000 is not 2.

Highborne

11-22-2009

Dr. Niles is correct.

It takes your mana regen rate (whatever it is including runes, base, items) and multiplies it by 1.01 per 1% health lost.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2009

Haha, I gave Asvarduil that explanation before I understood how Chalice worked.