New to Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

06-09-2010

Can an experienced Mordekaiser player come in and perhaps give a kind word or two about how to play him?

I just recently bought Mordekaiser, I simply love his mechanics. He is the funnest champion I have played because he is given unique characteristics. However, I find that I keel over more than making things keel over. I realize I'm the tank and the frontline of the group and that therefore the other team has to run me over first, but is it natural for Mordekaiser to have next to no kills, some deaths and a huge amount of assists?

If anyone can recommend an early game build order or way of playing that could help me tank better, that would be helpful.

For the record, I start off by buying a Doran's Shield. Later I'll buy Sorcerer's Boots, and then go to Sunfires. If I see the opponent has alot of magic, maybe get Rylai's Scepter or Banshee's Veil. My main skills early-mid game that I focus on are Creeping Death and Siphon of Destruction.

Thanks in advance guys.

UN Owen Was Her

06-09-2010

A surprisingly good way to boost up your survivability as Mordekaiser is to pick up a little CDR in your build. Something like Spirit Visage+Randiun's Omen can really boost your ability to keep Iron Man charged. Another thing that can boost your tanking a lot is picking up Ninja Tabi or Mercury's Treads depending on the other team.

You've pretty much got your skill priority down as long as you take one point in Mace of Spades at some point early on. The only other real tip I can give is paying close attention to what enemies have Cleanse during the loading screen. Getting your ultimate cleansed right away pretty much kills Mordekaiser's value.

Don't worry too much about your K/D/A ratio as a tank as long as you are doing your job and winning games.

Muramas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2010

I would suggest leveling up Q LAST because its very weak for a tank build. Mord does great in mid and if you are having issues there you can get W leveled up first (1 level E then max W) so you can throw it on the second minion to charge up your shield to stay alive.

I suggest you check out my guide.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...at+suffering.+

--

SethCypher

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muramas View Post
I would suggest leveling up Q LAST because its very weak for a tank build. Mord does great in mid and if you are having issues there you can get W leveled up first (1 level E then max W) so you can throw it on the second minion to charge up your shield to stay alive.

I suggest you check out my guide.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...at+suffering.+

--
Ahahaha, that's such a coincidence.

I'd just like to ask why Creeping Death maxed first? Shouldn't it be Siphon of Destruction being more important as that's what keeps your shields charged and basically rapes mobs...or am I missing something here?

Tharen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-09-2010

level 2 W is good enough to maximize your shield on minions. On the other hand creeping death gives you great aoe plus 30 resistance totally scares the **** out of your enemy plus even you got CC'd it still keeps damaging the enemy and charges your shield. At the same time so creeping death is a fantastic skill with 2 sunfirre capes I dont even bother to get Q before W and E maximized.

SethCypher

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharen View Post
level 2 W is good enough to maximize your shield on minions. On the other hand creeping death gives you great aoe plus 30 resistance totally scares the **** out of your enemy plus even you got CC'd it still keeps damaging the enemy and charges your shield. At the same time so creeping death is a fantastic skill with 2 sunfirre capes I dont even bother to get Q before W and E maximized.
Hmmm...I'm probably missing something here, but my E is Siphon of Destruction and my W is Creepings Death.

Also...Creeping Death charges shields?! Seriously?! I thought only Mace of Spades and Siphon of Destruction charged shields.

Also, any tips against ranged units like Morgana and Ashe who have pretty annoying CC moves? It gets really annoying when you get stunned/slowed and they have attack speed increase and just keep kiting you to death.

UN Owen Was Her

06-09-2010

Quote:
Also...Creeping Death charges shields?! Seriously?! I thought only Mace of Spades and Siphon of Destruction charged shields.
All of your ability damage generates shield as Mordekaiser including the drain from Children of the Grave and even damage that the pet it spawns does.

tiberiuskirk

06-10-2010

This is my build:
ignite (important, use it during your ult)
teleport/cleanse/ghost

items:
dorans shield
haunting guise
sorcerers boots
rylais scepter

Then just pick up whatever your team needs, be it an aegis of the legion (very good item) or something else.

prioritize youre ult when it's up, then your e when it isn't. q and w are split, both are good, but cant match e with this build.

I've successfully off-solod (solod against two people, as is the case when someone's jungling) often times getting kills from it. Hes a very strong pusher, and can do good damage. Hit masses of things with your e, and your shield will stay full, giving you some excellent innate survivability.

It's not a common build, as far as im aware (most people go tank or dps), but it's worked for me quite well. It's an incredibly aggressive build, with a few kills, you can walk into an entire team, lay your ult on a tank for some health, and proceed to destroy a good few of them, walking away relatively unharmed.

hermeneutist

06-11-2010

imo sorc boots < merc treads. if you are tanking, you expect to be CC'd. merc trumps even tabi most times just for that 45% reduction. perhaps if there's a bigger tank (rammus, shen, cho) then u can sit as second tank with sorc boots - but i won't recommend it!

i play morde like a mad spammer, so i usually get regen, then health. the spells all cost health, and with their rather short cd, i can literally kill myself before lvl 6! however, if i farm poorly (next to never) and get to lvl 6 with low health, i won't hesitate to drop ult just to leech the health and stay in lane. it usually jerks the opponents and makes them back away a little, while your health goes up by abt 1/4.

for CDR, i get my fix from masteries (9/0/21) which is a decent 9%, and celerity runes (total 8.1% @ lvl18). my main items in game are simply:
- merc treads
- force of nature
- frozen mallet

these 3 are good to end most games, TT or SR. they give u CC-reduction, awesome regen (your spell costs won't matter anymore with FoN), good health and sticking power to spam your spells on your pet-to-be. btw, mallet procs off of your pet attacks, so ALWAYS use them to attack!

in my experiments, Magic Penetration > AP for Morde. his ratios are pretty low, and only become something if you are hitting more than 3 opponents at once - doesn't always happen. Mag Pen seems to scale better. haunting guise is a good buy-first-sell-later item (refunds 1k+ gold for a 1.4k cost), and Abyssal Sceptre gives good MR - useful if opponents stack AP.

as for the scariest Morde build... see the Bloodthirster in the recommended items? well, getting a BT after my 3 core items gives u a Morde with NO WEAKNESSES. he regens, siphons health AND armor, AND leeches well. add a starks to that and you can even knock towers down (Morde's biggest weak pt imo). remember that your dmg is given to your pet, so u cld nearly quadruple your dmg with your pet up.

other situational items:
aegis - get it if your team is squishy.
warmogs - only if you farm really well and u can get it before 15min mark. it is usually wiser to just go with FoN/Mallet imo.
randuin's omen - very good if opponents are mostly AD; pair this up with visage and u cld drop FoN in the regen dept. REMEMBER to cast it tho! cast b4 each fight as it slows attk spd.
sunfire - also good against AD teams with the high armor. if you stack Mag Pen, it will boost the sunfire dmg! always get 2 if possible.
black cleaver - to help chop down armor-stacking tanks in late game. in long games, you can actually farm enough to buy your main tank items AND then this. works best with Stark's.