(Champion Concept) Unnamed, the Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burpcycle

10-05-2011

I am excellent at clever names for champion concepts, am I not?

Basic character design? Cute schoolgirl, but whenever she does anything except idle, Cthulhu-esque tentacles appear and drag her forth instead of walking, whack the enemy for basic attacks, and so on. Another Void-based monster champion, but one who uses a mortal as means to communicate and work in the world instead of literally being there itself like Kog'maw and Cho'gath.

I imagine her attacking in the melee, but hey, maybe ranged would be better. You tell me. Low health and defenses.

This a bizarre champion concept, so be patient. My ultimate idea here is that she has no cooldowns (or so short it's nonexistant it's like Karthus' Q), but still has mana so can't just spam her abilities infinitely. I got this idea because I noticed every single character in the game has cooldowns (obviously, I know), and I thought "how could a champion with no cooldowns work?"

She's a support, but in a weird, screwy way that involves being as indirect as possible. Combined with the no cooldowns concept, I see this character as a kind of burst support.

Obviously all of the numbers involved here are up for discussion, please don't tell me the abilities are too overpowered or underpowered to ever work just based on the numbers.

Passive: After using an ability, she gains 2 movement speed for four seconds. Stacks up to 20 movement speed.

Q: 45 mana - Target ally or enemy has 2 of its AD and AP switched for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds.

W: 90/100/110/120/130 mana - Places mark on an enemy. If it uses an ability in the next 1 second, it costs 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6 as much mana/energy as normal (or causes that number in increased heat production).

E: 150 mana - Decreases the movement speed of every enemy in a radius (I'm thinking the size of Veigar's AoE) by 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% for 2 seconds (doesn't stack with itself). Every ability you use on any target slowed in this way increases the movement speed debuff by 5% each, but resets the timer only for itself (example: you use the ability on a target and they lose 10% move speed. One second later, you use another ability on them and they lose 5% move speed. One second later, they lose the 10% move speed debuff, but they still have another second before they lose the 5% move speed debuff).

R: 80 mana - Summons a tiny tentacle from the ground (the size of a minion) that lasts 0.5 seconds and deals 50 (+0.2 AP ratio) damage to anyone who touches it. You can't move through it (like Trundle's pillar) but it doesn't slow enemies who walk around it (unlike Trundle's pillar). You can't summon it onto an enemy, but you could theoretically surround an enemy with it if you're willing to blow the mana.

So is it? This is my first champion idea, so forgive it if it's ridiculous overpowered or something.

Burpcycle

10-05-2011

Badump

Burpcycle

10-05-2011

Could I get *any* feedback on this idea?

Burpcycle

10-05-2011

Last attempt at a bump

Burpcycle

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burpcycle View Post
Last attempt at a bump
Guess I lied

Kloroform

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

That's incredibly odd for a concept, interesting though. The Q seems almost pointless though, whats an occasion where it would be useful? And what's the range on the ult? Also, lasting .5 seconds doesn't seem terribly useful for the mana cost. I would suggest having a cap on the number of the tentacles able to be put on the field. Say, 5/8/11 increasing at each rank. That way they could be strategically placed and not drain her mana do to severely low damage, even for a support. Like Shaco box nest style, but with lower damage and more maneuverability. Also, just my idea, but make the cost on the W ability a flat cost. I'd say 115, just to keep in line with the rest of her abilities.

Burpcycle

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloroform View Post
That's incredibly odd for a concept, interesting though. The Q seems almost pointless though, whats an occasion where it would be useful? And what's the range on the ult? Also, lasting .5 seconds doesn't seem terribly useful for the mana cost. I would suggest having a cap on the number of the tentacles able to be put on the field. Say, 5/8/11 increasing at each rank. That way they could be strategically placed and not drain her mana do to severely low damage, even for a support. Like Shaco box nest style, but with lower damage and more maneuverability. Also, just my idea, but make the cost on the W ability a flat cost. I'd say 115, just to keep in line with the rest of her abilities.
I would think Q's purpose obvious: screw with anything except a hybrid or something that needs neither AD or AP. Use it over and over again on something like Garen and suddenly he's dealing no damage.

I didn't consider the ult's range, though, I admit that.

I like the rest of your suggestions, though.