new player lookn 4 Mater Yi Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreadfists

06-08-2010

i just started playin the other day me n my room mate! really enjoying it so far bit im lost as to what items n what order i should go about gettin them. Also im only lvl 6 so far but any suggestions on where is hould start putting my Masteries would be greatly appeciated !!

So far most my games ive been laneing n bouncing between lanes to help gank n def. any suggertions here would be great to! Hard to get Help n tips in game when ur dieing on ur team lol!

Thank You Greatly

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Hey! Welcome to LoL :P

Master Yi has a couple of different builds, but I'll try to recommend you one to start with that isn't too complicated. You start with a meki pendant and two health potions, or even with a Doran's ring for that matter (+1 health potions). Later on you'll focus on damage and such, but on level 1 you need the mana reg to keep you in lane (alpha strike/meditate). Then you can proceed with boots and phage.

Phage is a really important item for a lot of DPS champions. Later on you could possibly skip it sometimes when you have defence masteries and flash/cleanse, but for now the health will help you a lot =)

You can proceed with brutalizer and ghostblade, then upgrade phage to frozen mallet. There are other possible ways tho - a fast infinity edge, but i just don't recommend it if you're having a hard time. Mardred's bloodrazros is an option if they have a lot of tanks/high hp champions.

noodle0117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

lets see here...
Master Yi already has...

- damage ability
- attack speed ability
- blink ability
- farming abilities
- regeneration abilities
- chasing abilities

What does he need?

- Slow ability
- hp
- mana
- crit
- armor penetration

Work your way from there.

Valkyrev

06-09-2010

In terms of mastery points, you can focus to whatever you want. I use my focus to a little of each category, but most others focus towards one or two other categories. Also, when I use Yi, I mainly focus on more attack speed and critical strike. There is more information at http://www.leaguecraft.com/ also.

Rezialn

06-09-2010

The way I play Yi, I get a vamp scepter and a madred's razor, then proceed to jungle. It's a lot easier to do if you have the middle, but the middle is often a tough lane for Master Yi, particularly against Tristana and a Karthus that with ghost.

Baka Pro

06-09-2010

master yi build consists of...... movement 3 boots, zeal,zeal,zeal, infinitys edge, the 60dmg+15%lifesteal item. upgrade them zeals to the other sword, = 900movement speed 800critdmg hits 100%crit, and ability to 1v5. easily.

Excession

06-09-2010

Err I play AP Yi:/

Dorans Ring
Mercury Treads
(Soulstealer)
Zhonya's
Lich Bane
Void Staff

DarkPlaguedFiend

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excession View Post
Err I play AP Yi:/

Dorans Ring
Mercury Treads
(Soulstealer)
Zhonya's
Lich Bane
Void Staff
Excession is an AP Yi actually good? What i mean is what does he do when he is AP based?

havocfett

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPlaguedFiend View Post
Excession is an AP Yi actually good? What i mean is what does he do when he is AP based?
Meditation and alpha strike with great AP scaling

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...wuju_bladesman

nevets04

06-10-2010

Vampiric Scepter/Dagger/Zeal/Cloak of Agility/Phantom Dancers/Dagger/Malady
After that, if I still have time, I just stack Phantom Dancers.
Other Notes: If you are keeping dying, get the Berserker's Greaves after you get your first dagger, and then buy another dagger after you buy the Berserker's Greaves. For your skills max out Alpha Strike, Wuju Style, Highlander, then Meditate. This build starts being great once you get your first phantom dancer and perfect once you get the malady. One last thing. Getting the malady may be helpful to get first if you don't have a tank on your team. Also note that you don't have any health or armor so getting first hit is crucial during 1v1's and not being the one hit is important during team fights. Don't be afraid to use your highlander to escape, it has a small cooldown. As for your masteries, go all offense. The build works really well for taking out structures, earlier today I used this build on a 3v3 that wasn't looking good for my team. We pushed top, which none of the structures were broken and they pushed bottom where the outer tower was down and the inner tower was at half health. I was able to take down structures so quickly, we won .