Taric.. good tank?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElNab

09-21-2009

I don't really know

I just went with the suggested build. It seemed to work a lot of the time

Nayuki

09-21-2009

I personally am a huge lover of the AP Taric build.

Chalice->Sorcerer's Boots->Sheen->Start building to what it seems you need from here on - I usually go for a mix of magic resist/AP with a bit of hp/mp thrown in if I find myself lacking.

He has very excellent AP scaling - with around 150-200 AP you'll clear wizards and be able to 1-shot melees of a creep wave with Shatter which makes for excellent farming, his heal is viable all game as long as you keep the AP level decent and Dazzle...oh, Dazzle, how can you not love a nuke that does 400+AP damage plus stops channeling at melee and does a nice 2.0 stun at longer range? See that thing doing some pretty 700-900 nukes late game then smack with a sheen and shudder at the hurt.

Only thing I honestly dislike is his Ult, Radiance. It's quite good but the AP scaling is very low and the mana consumption very, VERY high. That said in team battles it is fairly epic giving your entire group +100~ hp a tick and buffing your own damage a huge amount as well as being fun to toggle on when up against a tower for the damage crank. It just doesn't seem to synergize well with his other abilities because you can very easilly find yourself to low to do that needed Dazzle stun or a heal in a pinch.

Uhh...Ya...AP Taric all the way! Is my main

Edit: Btw, best use ever of Dazzle - Shunpo+Ult Katarinas. It's just so funny to see them start spinning and dead stop while losing half their life to that nasty nuke

Balls In Your Mouth

09-21-2009

I'd agree. AP stacking makes me all warm and fuzzy inside because he does a surprisngly large amount of damage with Dazzle and it bumps his heal up a good amount. Although he lacks the finishing some champions have without a slow and a stun that you'll be wanting to use for the dmg instead of it's stun.

Evernight

09-21-2009

I think Sheen and Nashtor are both great items on him... then I usually get tanky or physical DPS after that.

Thadious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2009

I never go AP build as Taric. I call him my UtiliTank.

Hybrid Tank/DPS that can lead my team into battle.

At max level the heals already help a ton. I'd prefer to deal some damage than improve the already great heals.

Nayuki

09-21-2009

Ya, weather you go support or tank/dps is really based on your team.

Got a lot of softies with great dps? Go support - they'll love the armor boost, the heals, and Radiance will keep them kicking a long time.

...Actually, I take it back, I see little reason to tank as Tarik. He lacks any ability to pull the hate onto him - he doesn't have any AoE slowing ability, a stun that is very ineffective at the range he would use it to tank and his main supporting tank abilities, Heal and Shatter, are kind of more effective when he is NOT taking the damage. If he is healing someone else his heal does 200% (heals Taric same as unit healed) where as only 140% on himself - also can't shatter as often if enemies are on you since that 30 armor is better than the damage unless last hitting the hero/creeping.

Taric can be a beast tank I bet, but it seems it'd be an inferior playstyle.

Dragongem

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I think you can be successful building him a lot of ways. I prefer dps builds.
Rejuvenating Locket/Berzerker's Greaves/Soul Shroud/Aegis of the Legion/Stark's Fervor/Warmog's.

It works hilariously well. MORE AURAS.

Nayuki

09-21-2009

rofl, aura-boat Taric. I'd get a huge kick out of someone getting enough mp/5 on him to make a non-stop Radiance