Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karthus Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuzseen

06-08-2010

What should I get? My build in super meta game is going to be something along the lines of a RoA, Ryalia's, Zhonya's, Sorcerer's Shoes, Void Staff, and either another Zhonya's or Mejai's.

That's not the order I get them in of course but that's the general idea at the end. What runes would complement that best?

If I'm not playing Karthus I'm either playing Sivir, Soraka, or Tryn so... what rune page might be the best to complement all of those. I realize Tryn is the polar opposite of the other 3 so... I'm just lookin' for ideas.

Carados

06-08-2010

Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Dodge/MP Regen/Level
Blue: MPRegen/Level or Flat CDR
Purple: Flat HP, XP.

Klazzix

06-08-2010

Isn't Archangel's staff a must-have for any Karthus.

Wuzseen

06-08-2010

No. It's definitely a great item for him though I've been tinkering for awhile and have met more success getting Rod of Ages than Archangel's. Although I definitely see the merit in the item.

Blaggo

06-08-2010

I think archangel's staff was made for Karthus. I don't know of any other champion it works better on.. But as for the runes, I prefer....

Red: Mpen
Yellow: HP/Level
Blue: MP5/Level
Purple: Flat Health

Carados

06-08-2010

Just as a tip, HP/Level is never worth it.

Empyron

06-09-2010

MP, Mana Regen, AP, Health Quints.

Choneald

12-21-2010

im thinking of saving up for this build.. is it worth it?
reds: Magic pen
Yellow: Cdr reduction
Blues: Mana regen/5
Quints: Cdr or Hp

paij

12-21-2010

Instead of that go with yellow for mana regen and the blue for cdr and the rest the same. blue is for magic and yellows are for defense