How to counter jungle udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BayconLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2011

So udyr has been giving my team trouble lately. Usually I play jungle since no one else wants to, in jungle i play gangplank or warwick.

As WW:
I don't have any trouble against udyr in the jungle but I can't seem to keep up with him in ganks and can't help my team defend against him enough. What do I do for this situation?

As GP:
He destroys me if he counter jungles, I try to put wards in his and at key points in mine to see if he is coming or not. Helps sometimes but most time he can still chase me down if I don't notice. Any tips for this?

Is there anything else that my team can do to play against jungle udyr? What are good counter picks? Thanks for the help!

The Tickla

10-04-2011

Udyr is a down right BOSS. He's is squishy early game but late game you simply cannot match his DPS and survivablity. My thoughts would be to tell your team not to push the lanes and ward so udyr doesnt get assists or kills and later on in the game when he has health and is tanky and annoying, buy last whisper for his armor and perhaps a bloodrazor for his health.

blackandead

10-04-2011

if u have a good cc on udyr and you gank his jungle sometimes it will be easy to counter him but dont let him get fed because in late game will be rlly hard to kill cuz of his cat stance (i think it is the name :P) but with some stuns and maybe an exaust is easy to kill him

Howbadisbad

10-04-2011

Be AP Shaco and troll hard with boxes

Epic Dancing Guy

10-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howbadisbad View Post
Be AP Shaco and troll hard with boxes
This. AP Shaco best counter jungler. Well Twitch can too and at least Twitch gets kinda scary when fed(cause he can actually teamfight, unlike Shaco. Just go Atmog's so you won't be so squishy)

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2011

The problem is your choice of junglers.

GP is one of the slowest viable junglers, while Udyr is one of if not the fastest jungler. That kind of lopsided matchup gives Udyr free reign to counter-jungle you forever.

WW needs his ult to effectively gank, while Udyr only needs mana. You can counter-gank somewhat if you can predict where he'll be going, but it will probably come at the cost of jungle farm. Still, preventing a 300g kill for your opponents is better than missing a small camp.