Why does Corki have a skill with a 4.0 AP ratio?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xylch

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
That skill should be nerfed because of its farming capabilities, period. Kills entire creep wave with just that spell. Impossible to stop that kind of farming, I've never seen a corki not have twice as many creep kills as everyone else in the game.
I kill entire creep waves with Malphite with the ground slam ability in 1 hit once he is level ~11.

Kishar21

09-21-2009

It's not that crazy of a skill, and only really gets strong with another character, so don't complain; not like some other champ that has a strong aoe and can hold. Looking at you morgana.

Kishar21

SlyGoat

09-21-2009

He's frail as hell and the skill puts him in melee range of you unless you're dumb enough to walk into it while chasing or something. He either stacks survivability so he doesn't instantly die or he stacks AP so he can actually do damage.

Hell, most people just stack damage on him and only use the skill to run.

Kishar21

09-21-2009

For some reason, people don't understand that the reason he does good damage is because he is very easily killed; 3 of his 4 abilities require that he gets close to the enemy. If your team doesn't put someone with better range (i.e teemo, twitch, trist, ashe, ect) and you get killed, don't start to cry nerf. A magic carry should be really strong late game, they prolly should nerf his early game a little, and make gattling scale better, but other then that, he's pretty fair.

Kishar21

Hand of Might

09-21-2009

What about the farming abilities of other lv11 champions? To nod at Xylch, Malphite is indeed one I can confirm does this. Kassadin, who I play a lot of, is another. Any good Kassadin will have enough AP to instakill a creep wave with his void-barf skill (E). I notice this at about level 11 as well.

aNthological

09-21-2009

And even with a champ that can get more range, he easily closes the range with Valk and then sprays them in the face with gat, auto attack, and rocket spams. I've played 1 game with Corki and was stunned at A) How easy he was. B) How easy it was to kill 2-3 champs at once, let alone 1v1'ing creeps (err I mean champs..) C) How easy it is to go through a game with 4 bads and 1 Corki (be it good or bad). Ridiculously overpowered at the moment and I believe is destroying the game.

Ever since Corki has come in I've noticed the number of games drop DRASTICALLY.. tonight there were only 6 games and 4 were passworded I decided to 1v5 some bots as Taric just to pass the time until a nerf gets thrown on the OP Champs.

Kingreaper

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishar21 View Post
For some reason, people don't understand that the reason he does good damage is because he is very easily killed; 3 of his 4 abilities require that he gets close to the enemy. If your team doesn't put someone with better range (i.e teemo, twitch, trist, ashe, ect) and you get killed, don't start to cry nerf. A magic carry should be really strong late game, they prolly should nerf his early game a little, and make gattling scale better, but other then that, he's pretty fair.

Kishar21
More range won't help.

Corky can see them before they can see him, and he can close the distance fast.

Piranha Petunia

09-22-2009

So the people defending think it's fair that as a melee char I should have to run from Corki because if when Corki turns to fire at me he will probably kill me? How is that fair? I've heard of having a counter, but the entire melee line of characters? I shouldn't have to run away from a toon as soon as I engage him simply because he will activate a NON ULTIMATE ability and completely destroy me.

danielklein

09-22-2009

My original point about snares/stuns/slows wasn't that there needed to be a second character cooperating with Corki to deliver a disable at the right moment; my point was that these things happen ANYWAY in a big teamfight. Everyone's throwing all they've got at the fight, so there will always be snares/stuns/slows in effect. Corki just has to wait for the right second.

Also, here's a nightmare scenario: Morgana and Corki laning. Root + Valkyrie + Tormented Soil = instakill.

Nitboy

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielklein View Post
My original point about snares/stuns/slows wasn't that there needed to be a second character cooperating with Corki to deliver a disable at the right moment; my point was that these things happen ANYWAY in a big teamfight. Everyone's throwing all they've got at the fight, so there will always be snares/stuns/slows in effect. Corki just has to wait for the right second.

Also, here's a nightmare scenario: Morgana and Corki laning. Root + Valkyrie + Tormented Soil = instakill.
wow. that is the only insta kill combo in the ENTIRE GAME!