Why does Corki have a skill with a 4.0 AP ratio?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

danielklein

09-21-2009

Valkyrie has an AP ratio 0.8 per tick. It ticks 5 times. This gives it an effective AP ratio of 4.0. Buying a simple blasting wand increases your Valkyrie damage by 160. At 275 AP, level 5 Valkyrie deals 2000 damage in an AoE. I really wonder if this is working as intended.

Lollerman

09-21-2009

"0.8 per tick"

So it's DoT, not instant, so it isn't as OP as the numbers look. If Valkyrie could snare its victims and force them to stay within Valkyrie's damage range (Nunu/Amumu ult, Rune prison, etc) then the ratio would probably be much lower.

Edit: but yeah, if the numbers are too high, it could always be lowered... I don't think the ratio needs to be (or even should be) that high, it serves its purpose well as a chase/escape, with added damage to boot, which is ridiculously awesome. Maybe too awesome.

Mr Tibbers

09-21-2009

I agree with Loller...sorta.

The numbers are high because of the very likelyhood that they won't stay in the AoE. To begin with, the AoE for Valkyrie is pretty small. A short line, a thin one too. So, at most it gets...1-2 ticks. Anyone who sees you Valk up should move, if they don't they're stupid and deserve to bear the full brunt of Corki's OP skill. :/

Kingreaper

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
I agree with Loller...sorta.

The numbers are high because of the very likelyhood that they won't stay in the AoE. To begin with, the AoE for Valkyrie is pretty small. A short line, a thin one too. So, at most it gets...1-2 ticks. Anyone who sees you Valk up should move, if they don't they're stupid and deserve to bear the full brunt of Corki's OP skill. :/
And what if he has teammates with stuns etc?

The enemy is ****ed.

0.8 is way too high. No wonder he kills so ridiculously fast.

Mr Tibbers

09-21-2009

So...you're saying it should be nerfed...because a teammate can help him to get a full hit with it?

'Cuz that's a stupid argument. That's like saying Mundo's Agony should be nerfed because Amumu can hold for him, or that Soraka is too strong because Veig can hold them there long enough for a few starfalls. :/

Kingreaper

09-21-2009

Quote:
So...you're saying it should be nerfed...because a teammate can help him to get a full hit with it?

'Cuz that's a stupid argument. That's like saying Mundo's Agony should be nerfed because Amumu can hold for him, or that Soraka is too strong because Veig can hold them there long enough for a few starfalls. :/
No, because even when held in agony, it doesn't deal that much damage. Especially not compared to this skill with +AP.

Corona Nox

09-21-2009

Quote:

No, THAT is a stupid argument. Mundo's Agony and Soraka's Starfall don't have the ability to put out 2000 damage in 5 seconds with a mere 275 AP in items, do they?

danielklein

09-21-2009

What I'm saying is that basically in team fights people will be stunned/rooted/slowed/constricted by lots of blocking entities (huh huh I said titties) moving left and right of them, so it's very easily imaginable that they stay in the AoE for 3-4 ticks even if they DO have the presence of mind to move out immediately. And even if they do dodge one Valkyrie, hell, it's on a 12s cooldown which can easily be reduced to around 8s with runes / masteries / items, and it costs 60 mana, which at level 18 is absolutely NOTHING, so it can be spammed.

Krald

09-21-2009

Quote:

That skill should be nerfed because of its farming capabilities, period. Kills entire creep wave with just that spell. Impossible to stop that kind of farming, I've never seen a corki not have twice as many creep kills as everyone else in the game.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

You're only boned if you're stupid enough to stand in the middle of it for the entire duration. Slows will only keep you in it for another second or two, and disables are unlikely because Corki has none of his own to allow his team to catch up to you and chain disable you into the entire duration.