Is influence fair?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurax

09-21-2009

Hello!

After some games I guess I dont truly understand how the influence is calculated. I know it is not so important now in Beta but before the game reaches the release, dont you think it needs a bit of re-thinking?

IMHO the influence doesnt rewards player efforts fairly. Sometimes I finished for instance something like 15-1-18 and other guy 20-3-15 and he has double my influence value. In case somebody plays a defensive tank o healer, even if he/she holds and push a line alone for a long time o support the team greatly, the influence is almost 0.

Maybe the system was created only to reward the player with the most kills which means that after the release probably the assasin or DPS champs will be played the most, and tanks and supports will be forget; or maybe the system only rewards the best player in the team, and the other players get less reward even if they contributed a lot (this is not good for a team-spirit encouragement I guess)

Or maybe I am just a noob and I dont understand the system :-)

What do you think?

Cheers!

PS I just realized i posted in the wrong section, this should be in general discussion sorry :-)

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2009

Current system is temporary and they keep saying it's "completely random," which I don't think is entirely true but... mostly true.

09-21-2009

Mmm, I don't think its fully random, at least not with how I get things.

I normally play a very aggressive Sion/Alistar, charging in, getting rid of Ryze, or Teemo, or whoever else seems to be their main damage dealer, and focusing on keeping them from acting during those crucial first few seconds of a fight, because of this, I find myself dead more often then not by the end of any fight.

Now, this doesn't cause me much trouble when I am playing with my friends, who have adapted to my mode of play, and both back me up and help keep that player locked down, but when I get into a PuG game, my influence gain drops dramatically as my death ratio also skyrockets.

It seems that influence is directly tied to your kills/death ratio, I've noticed that people who get alot of kills, but also die alot tend to get medium inf scores, just like people who die a ton, and don't kill many people get very low inf scores.

The only people who seem to benefit from the way things are set up seems to be those who get a ton of kills, but very few deaths, encouraging a very defensive mode of play for everyone, but only really benefiting Assassin type characters.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

09-21-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The current IP gain numbers are meaningless. They are simply numbers used to test the UI and stats system, and they happen to be tied to your K/D/A just to have something to tie them to. It has nothing to do with how IP will be calculated when the store is released.

Influence gain will not be based on your K/D/A ratio.

Lithsq

09-21-2009

Just out of curiousity, exactly what are they based on? I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with k/d/a ratio, I've fed something horribly and just gotten a few assist and yet gotten far more ips than people in the same game who had far better stats. I'm only guessing here, but it seems to me to be based on how much damage you've dealt on champion kills and possibly to towers as well. Deaths don't seem to lower it at all.

feardragon

09-21-2009

I'm going to guess minion kills, turret kills and the K/D/A. At least, that's the feeling I've gotten.

Hmmer94

09-21-2009

Hopefully at release they will be tied to many many factors, K/D/A, minion kills, tower kills, Support to your allies ... ... ...