Sona, Maven of Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Likerdos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

Ever since the beta of dominion dropped, I have been experimenting with champions that I would like for this new game mode. Of course, I played games with currently "OP" dominion champs(Akali,Jax,Poppy,Rammus). I decided to take Sona out for a spin as I have always enjoyed her since her launch and I found that she actually works on this map. Her ability to kite and attack allows her to not only defend well, but she can actually push fairly well. I am currently using tear+boots to open. I was just wondering, has anyone else ran into/ played as Sona have any tips for her ?

onionpeco

10-03-2011

Trinity Force Sona

Necks

10-03-2011

Lots of champions and builds "work" on this map.

Harate

10-03-2011

She plays the defense/pusher role better than soraka and has some utility which puts her right next to Janna in usefulness.

Likerdos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

The only problems I ran into with her were typical problems from SR (ex. Talon, Kass, Rammus)

Danmal

10-03-2011

She seems decent as q scales well with AP. Not sure if tear is necessary on her though. Have you tried an early catalyst instead?

Likerdos

10-03-2011

I have not tried it on her yet, I have only been taking tear because I get what is essentially free mana from tear on the platform by spamming spells.

coffeerox

10-03-2011

This was my final build earlier this morning:

Prospector's Ring
Boots of Swiftness
Lich Bane
Morello's Evil Tome
Rabadon's Deathcap

Total score: 1265
Combat score: 387
Points cap/neutralized: 8/5
KDA: 5/8/22
Damage Dealt: 37,082
Healing: 8,889

Likerdos

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeerox View Post
This was my final build earlier this morning:

Prospector's Ring
Boots of Swiftness
Lich Bane
Morello's Evil Tome
Rabadon's Deathcap
I will try this in my next game; btw i didn't mention I have the Silent Night Sona skin so it's even more fun

GreenHarmony

Recruiter

02-18-2013

I usually use Sona in Dominion, and I think she do well in this map. I build her as support (Aegis of Legion, Zeke's Herald or Will of Ancients, Shurelya's, Captain Enchantment on boots, etc),and I try to never go alone. That simply gives you an strong presence in battle, not really a powerful pusher but gives you a great support. That's my opinion, I prefer her in dominion than in others maps.