Anivia Frostbite Range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tic0

09-21-2009

@Thadious

hmm yeah. Dont know, some chars has really high range's.

So, as a exampel Corki - the Rockets have a pervers high range.
Ashe have some very high range skills, too (the "salve" - of course, it isnt
so much dmg, but the range is high at all).

I would be very happy if we can just get the Frostbite Range back.
It wouldnt make us more "imba" to much.

PeneTraitor

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

The current range is fine. So long as I am able to shoot from before the melee creeps and take out the ranged creeps it is good. The main thing it changed was to bring her survivability into line. With the previous range and your rebirth you could live entire games without dying or even coming close if you were very careful. Now you have to put yourself at risk, but the payoff is worth it. It is a little harder to chase some people down now, but it evens things out for all the times people curse you for baiting them into traps when you have your egg ready.

Xile

09-21-2009

I agree that the frostbite range needs to be put back to how it was, Anivia already has one of the lowest movement speeds, I don't need to be going into melee range to cast a spell.

Jpeg

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeneTraitor View Post
The current range is fine. So long as I am able to shoot from before the melee creeps and take out the ranged creeps it is good. The main thing it changed was to bring her survivability into line. With the previous range and your rebirth you could live entire games without dying or even coming close if you were very careful. Now you have to put yourself at risk, but the payoff is worth it. It is a little harder to chase some people down now, but it evens things out for all the times people curse you for baiting them into traps when you have your egg ready.

you are confusing frost flash with frostbite

Evernight

09-21-2009

I can live with the new range, but getting the FF+FB combo together is no longer a given. The projectile speed makes it harder to dodge but you have to be moving toward your target before you even hit them explode your FF. That way you are in range as they run away after the stun. Its tricky but if you have quick hands you can do it every time. Cast FF > click move > click explode > Click FB when you get in range... should be about two or three steps after the stun is gone if you set it up right and aren't swimming around creeps.

Pharmacologist

09-21-2009

Anivia is still better at perma slow than most champions.

I say this with love, as she is one of my top 3 favorite champions, but the nerfs were all justified. She is still a very strong champion. She also gets more and more crazy the higher your ELO goes because all of her abilities require good timing and skill to use. She was wildly OP and now maybe still even slightly OP with the nerfs.