Anivia Frostbite Range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tic0

09-20-2009

Hey,

at first... no Anivia isn't bad at all. But one thing i get annoying me a little bit...

The Frostbite nerf... so with the latest patch the range go down from 650 to 550 (if
i remember right). In my opinion its a little bit to much.

Actually i feel a little bit like a melee class, cause all of my spells have a very short range now.

Enemys can escape very easly now. The Movementspeed reduce get also nerfed from 25% to 20% (but this would be ok!). But, remember that the Movementspeed from Anivia is also very low, with +2 Enchantboots the Movementspeed is about ~360 (most chars have about ~390).
So... its very easy for opponents to escape

The Problem is, if i get "debuffed" anyone by one of my spells (so they get "chilled) its very hard now, to get in Range to Frostbite him. In the most cases i reach the target if the debuff is expired (so Frostbite deals a lot of lesser dmg).

So, i just want the Frostbite Range back. Nothing more!

Of course, versus bad Players i can leave a Game with 10/0/x Stats or something...
but against better players it is much harder now...

Some peoples out here, who feel similarly with that?

cYa

Patyrn

09-21-2009

Yeah I feel the range is a bit weird on frostbite as well. I have to get basically in melee range to hit with it now.

iPredicted

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

One thing ive noticed is how hard it is to hit with a combo now, im not sure if this is good or bad, but in the laning fase i rarely get it off because the stun duration is too low for me to get my frostbite off.

N3rf

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
One thing ive noticed is how hard it is to hit with a combo now, im not sure if this is good or bad, but in the laning fase i rarely get it off because the stun duration is too low for me to get my frostbite off.
ye but u suck so nobody takes you seriously!!!!!!!!

Tic0

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
yep!

The thing is, while i try to get in the range to cast frostbite, the enemie is already on escaping, so in the most cases i cant hit him - or mabye so late, that i dont get the combo (double dmg).

And i think, the combo is very important, cause without you deal no dmg

DarKNovA

09-21-2009

Well, i can live with it.
A bit painful nerf though.

PeneTraitor

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

She still works fine. The range nerf made me a little sad, but I started working with it and you can still get combos that are just surprisingly devastating. You just have to make yourself a little more vulnerable.

Thadious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2009

I will admit that as Anivia I used to feel like opponents couldn't touch me because i would just lay my ult behind me as I was running. Now you actually have to get into a dangerous range to do some good damage, so while I don't like this change, i understand why the devs did it.

What DOESN'T make sense to me is that they increased the range on Teemo's abilities, making him near impossible to gank or lane against as a melee char.

Atmosfear

09-21-2009

Who needs to setup the chill combo when you can just buy a Rylai's and skip the setup altogether? Nothing like spamming Frostbite every 4 secs and getting double damage for each one without her bomb or ult.

Jpeg

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
Who needs to setup the chill combo when you can just buy a Rylai's and skip the setup altogether? Nothing like spamming Frostbite every 4 secs and getting double damage for each one without her bomb or ult.

this setup/combo was strongest early game while laning still. with the nerf range i find it almost impossible to pull off. maybe instead of reducing the range of frostbite the nerf could come in the form of scaleing early level damage back, it was (is) a bit much.